Membership Registers Users Before PayPal Details Submitted

Migrating to a new platform and have decided to move from S2Member to using the WPMU Dev Membership Plugin to handle sign ups.

I have two problems:
1.) On the sign up login box there are TWO buttons. One is the PayPal Subscribe button and another is a reiteration of the Sign Up button on the main form which takes the user back to the Thankyou page.
2.) The second you press on the Subscribe button the new user is registered with full access even if you cancel the PayPal registration process.

Membership is in Sanbox Mode and I am running WP 3.7 on the new server.

• aristath

Hello there @Linc, I hope you're well today!

1.) On the sign up login box there are TWO buttons. One is the PayPal Subscribe button and another is a reiteration of the Sign Up button on the main form which takes the user back to the Thankyou page.

Do you have more than one payment gateways enabled on your site?

2.) The second you press on the Subscribe button the new user is registered with full access even if you cancel the PayPal registration process.

Could you please post a screenshot of the "general" settings on the membership plugin so that I may take a look at that?
    In general, users first become members in your site, they are assigned the level you'ce set-up for registered users, and then after they pay they are assigned another access level, based on the subscription level they chose.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Linc

1.) Do you have more than one payment gateways enabled on your site?

Yes I do and I've rectified it. Completely missed that.

2.) Could you please post a screenshot of the "general" settings on the membership plugin so that I may take a look at that?

Screenshot as requested. I've set them as Visitors. I can see now it's how I have organised access rather than a plugin issue.

My question now is, how I do give access to content for users without having them register?

For example, we have Free videos and Preview videos available to the "Visitors" and Full Class videos available to "Members".

Essentially I don't want the "Visitors" to register an account. They should only register as paid "Members".

Open Registrations are disabled on the site.

• Linc

Ahh, I realise more details as I dig further.

My configuration for the subscription plan is thus:
    - 7 Days Free
    - Price point for Monthly access

I am guessing that if they cancel out of PayPal they still get access for 7 days. That makes sense.

My only issue now is that they don't receive any message stating what has happened or get redirected to a Welcome screen.

This will obviously confuse a lot of users resulting in unsatisfied customers. Especially when the 7 Days are up and then all of a sudden they don't have access to the site content without an explanation.

I realise that if I set up my Communication emails I can potentially notify them.

However, how do I indicate that the PayPal process was not complete and they need to complete it before they 7 Days Free expires?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.