Paypal x Pro Sites Recurring payments

Hey!

I noticed that my customers, have to create an PayPal account, in order to purchase a Pro Site upgrade.

Isn't it possible, to change the Paypal settings, so that users only have to insert name & creditcard informations?

And why isn't Paypal collecting money to my account from day one? It looks like they wait the period out, before collecting recurring payments?

Thanks!

• James Dunn

Goodday @bloggersdelight

Forgive me for responding without documentation to back this up, but when I was studyin the PayPal API a few months back, I believe that I remember reading a section that noted that for some types of payments (recurring payments and delayed payments being two of those types), the "buyer" was required to establish a PayPal account. Although unverified, I suspect this is in compliance with the rules regarding keeping credit card information on file.

As for why they don't immediately collect the money, I know that there is a "delay" setting in the code that I was working with where you can delay payment collection until a specified time. I don't know how to adjust that time in ProSites, but I suspect that is the issue.

Maybe someone else can help you with the specifics of this. At this point, I can't offer any additional comment about ProSites. Be sure to report back here with any additional information as well as what you did to remedy your situation.

James Dunn
    Athens, GA USA

• aecnu

Greetings bloggersdelight,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

As @JamesDunn mentioned above there can be many reasons for a delayed payment not limited to but including echecks, trial subscriptions, account verifications, and so much more.

I have run Pro Sites going on Two years now and the only time I have personally seen a delayed payment was with an echeck - so i no longer accept them.

In addition, these are PayPal subscriptions in which PayPal is not only going to require a PayPal account, but an on file credit card as well.

This is to protect you and themselves from the rampant fraud all too common on the net and elsewhere.

Also you may want to go through you PayPal profile settings with a fine tooth comb looking for anything that may be holding up payments as well i.e. accepting payments from verified accounts only etc.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.