PayPerView plug in

I have 2 different pages that I want to charge separately for. I want the content to be available to the buyer for 7 days so I have the "Cookie validity time" set at 168 hours. What is the max I can set this setting at and will they be able to access the content over the entire 7 days regardless of reboots? What is the trigger that expires the cookie?

The reason, I'm not using the "Daily Pass" option is 2 fold. 1) I would rather my users not have to login to a twitter or facebook account if they don't need to. 2) I don't see an option to set the price for "Daily Pass" at the page level of wordpress. This could be due to the fact that I have not set-up at "facebook app ID", "Twitter Consumer Key", or "Twitter Consumer Secret". Once I have set those up, will I be able to set the price at the page level?

Thanks in advance,

Curtis Marshall

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Curtis,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

If you are looking for different price for different pages, then the best bet would be to either use the selection tool of Pay per view plugin or you can use the membership plugin as that provides a more complex structure.

What is the max I can set this setting at and will they be able to access the content over the entire 7 days regardless of reboots? What is the trigger that expires the cookie?

cookie validity does not expire unless the cookie has been there for more than the validity time (number of hours specified) or you delete the cookies.

The reason, I'm not using the "Daily Pass" option is 2 fold. 1) I would rather my users not have to login to a twitter or facebook account if they don't need to.

That does not necessarily mean that you have to make them login using facebook or twitter, you can user regular WP registration as well.

2) I don't see an option to set the price for "Daily Pass" at the page level of wordpress.

Daily pass is for the whole website and not page level. Membership plugin would be the best bet if you are looking for providing a more complex structure.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

We hope you were able to resolve this. Since this thread has been inactive for some time I am going to go ahead and close the ticket. If you were unable to resolve it or have any further questions, please feel free to re-open the ticket – we are more than happy to help!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.