Performance recommendations applied but still no improvement!

Hello there! I just subscribed for the free trial and I really enjoy this plugin already. However, I have installed everything and followed the steps but I didn't see any improvements. Maybe something I'm doing wrong? Would be really great if I can get some help to improve my website's performance as my intention is to continue the monthly subscription afterwards!

So I did follow and enabled the recommended options in order to improve my website performance but my score went from 22/100 to just 23/100! Can a staff from WPMUDev can login on my.dashboard and check what I am missing?

Thank you so much!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Christos,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

I had a look at your site and your score is actually showing 76/100 now, perhaps there was some server side caching that prevented you from seeing new results right away?

You do still have 3 suggestions for further improving the score.

First one is for image optimization, looks like there's one image that's not optimized and it's located in /media/audio/3/ folder on your server.
    Since this folder is not a part of your media library Smush was unable to bulk smush images from there.
    What you can do is go to Media > WP Smush and use Directory Smush option, select above mentioned folder and optimize images from there.

Next one is, or rather was, Leverage browser caching.
    I say WAS because when I visited your site the browser caching was disabled as it looked like there was some issue with CloudFlare connection.
    However it resolved in the meantime and the browser caching is showing as enabled now.
    The result still didn't update, I'm guessing it's the same cause which prevented you from seeing new score right away so give it some time and check the results later today to see if
    "Leverage browser caching" report is gone from results.

And the last one is for "Remove render blocking resources".
    This is something that needs to be sorted in Hummingbird > Minifcation panel.
    Unfortunately there's no automated way to do this because changing minification settings can affect your site functionality depending on your theme and plugins used, so each installation is unique and needs to be manually adjusted.
    You will need to go to Minification panel and in there tweak the options for each file.
    The point is to have most options enabled without breaking your site functionality, so while tweaking this make sure to check your site frontend to make sure everything is still working properly.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Christos

Thank you so much for the suggestions Predrag!

I tried to locate the /media/audio/3/ folder but I could only find the parent folders such as wp-content> themes is as far as I can go. Maybe If I just add the whole wp-content folder might work like this?

As for the Leverage browser caching, I still see it dis-activated, however on my cloudflare account I see it activated. Maybe if I pass you my Cloud Flare login details so you can have a look too? I don't mind sharing!

Finally, the Minification settings I will try to go one by one manually. I will try to get as more savings as possible and I'll stop when is needed! Thank you so much for the suggestion!

Let me know about the point 1 and 2 and we are all done!

Your support is excellent and I definitely going to keep my subscription after the trial period ends :slight_smile:
    Christos

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Christos,

I see that the image optimization report is resolved now, did you manage to find the image folder and optimize it in the meantime? :slight_smile:

As for the Leverage browser caching, I still see it dis-activated, however on my cloudflare account I see it activated. Maybe if I pass you my Cloud Flare login details so you can have a look too? I don't mind sharing!

Well, this is strange, HB on your site is showing me that the Browser Caching is active and properly configured, but I can still see the issue in reports :thinking:

Do you perhaps have any other rules in your .htaccess file that could be affecting the ones added by Hummingbird?

If you're unsure about this could you upload your .htaccess file to any file sharing service and provide us with download link so we can check it out?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.