performance suggest enabling compression

I have done this already. The report looks like it is suggesting to enable compression of content that is not on my site, ie. tikilive.com Why is my score only 51?

• Nithin

Hi John,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

The report looks like it is suggesting to enable compression of content that is not on my site, ie. tikilive.com Why is my score only 51?

It's either your theme, or plugin that is implementing the contents from tikilive.com which is used to stream audio/videos.

I checked your website through PageSpeed, and it seems like enabling Gzip Compression, browser caching, and minification can improve you website score.

Since I could notice that Hummingbird plugin is disabled at the moment, how did you enable compression? Did you check whether enabling Gzip compression in Hummingbird plugin made any difference?

The easiest method to improve you page score would be to make use of the HummingBird plugin. HummingBird plugin will allow you to enable Gzip Compression, Browser Caching, and minification which could improve you site score to a much higher level.

You'll also have to make use of WP Smush Pro plugin, so that you could optimize your images to have a better score, these two plugin will definitely help in increasing your score with ease.

Please advise if I'm missing out anything. So that we could give a closer look. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin

Hi John,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I cleared the Hummingbird settings, and minified your website, and your websites current score is 54. It seems like all the files which are causing issue are related to the files loaded over the external server, hence there is little we could do in this case.

However, you could improve your score by optimizing your images, all the images are loaded over from your /images folder ie yourWebsiteURL.com/images/

WP Smush Pro doesn't have control over such images, the plugin can only smush images saved in your Media Library( ie Media > Library), you'll have to either compress these images manually by downloading it into your computer, and compressing it with a software(photoshop), and re-uploading it back. Or change the image path from /images folder, by uploading the images into your Media Library.

Optimizing your images would help in improving your score. I hope this helps. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.