Performance test in a constant loop when Flexia enabled

When performance test runs and Flexia theme is enabled then it stays in a constant loop.

And when flexia is deactivated the performance test completes.

Access details provided in the internal ticket.

Thanks in advance.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi wordxpression

I hope you're well today!

I checked the site and run some tests on my end too with Flexia theme and I think that after all the issue here is different.

On my setup the performance test worked fine each time with the theme. On your site out of 6 attempts 4 went fine - fast and completed - and 2 weren't stuck but just didn't complete. From the chat I know that e.g. W3 Total Cache was disabled and I'm not sure about other plugins but the thing here seems to be resource/site load related rather than the conflict.

The 4 times the test completed (and did it in a reasonable time) suggests that there's no conflict actually as it would break each time. The 2 other times it actually seemed to just "time out" and there was no errors in the console whatsoever, no warnings too.

That leads me to the point that initial "stuck" (at 90% for hours) would most likely have been not a real "stuck" but the test that timed out - just like in my 2 tests - and just an interface that got "hanged", most likely due to "over-caching" or conflicts related to this.

There's over 80 plugins active on site and that's actually a lot. The PHP version is fine and memory limit for PHP is good enough but the WordPress itself is limiting it to a default 40M which is way to small amount for such a complex site. I'd recommend raising it and that could be done by adding following line to the "wp-config.php" file (above the /* That's all, stop editing! */ line):

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

There's a good chance that this alone will make performance test more "stable" but if it doesn't, I'd also recommend reviewing plugins and at least disabling those that are not used on daily basis or not used at all anymore (there are plugins such as migration plugins and some more that doesn't seem to be necessary for all the time; they could be enabled only when needed) as this would make entire install "lighter".

If after that test fails, see if it fails everytime or just sometimes. If it's "sometimes", it'd be best to identify when the traffic on site is the smallest (you should be able to find out about that via stats) and try to run it again during that time, it should work fine then.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.