permission

Hello!
I grant some users rivilege for super admin in my wp network installation,
but when they try to pubblish a post in some blog it's not allow for them to publish it. They can just save as draft.

there is a way to make this user as they was the super admin?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

It sounds like you haven't given them super admin privileges then. Can you go to Network Admin > Users and click on Edit under their name, then check that the "enable super admin privileges" box is checked please?

Also, are you sure you want to give them super admin status? They would be able to delete you from your own network....

Phil

• picchio
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey Phil!
    yes I give them the super admin privileges, and their post still nees for my approvation...

Don't know why, but if there would be other kind of rule I can assign I would do.
    in regulare wp installation there are Editor, author ecc... here just user... maybe it's because I use buddypress.

Or there could be some conflict or misconfiguration with the revisionary and role scope plugin

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya,

Thanks for sending those details through. I've had a look at your site and almost immediately had an idea what was wrong.

The link you gave to the admin showed that WordPress is installed in a sub-directory like so;
    yoursite.com/wien/wp-admin

When I first looked at the Network Users page the first thing I saw was a user with no username. This is not only unusual but should be impossible which suggests problems with your dashboard.

However, I then noticed the URL:
    yoursite.com/wp-admin/network/users.php

...which, if WP is installed in a sub-directory shouldn't work. Going back to site admin and looking at the links in the dashboard all point to the subdirectory.

So, I have a feeling you may have TWO copies of WordPress.

First of all though; WordPress Multisite behaves really badly when installed in Multisite and to be honest, there's pretty much no point in troubleshooting until you can move it to root.

Having what looks like a second install at root complicates matters.

Can you log in to your site using FTP and see what's in your root folder (take a screenshot) and what's inside your /wien folder (again, take a screenshot) please?

Phil

• picchio
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Phil!
    Maybe I made a mistake sending you the admin panel url, I copied the Wien's one instead of the general one that is of course travellertribe.com/wp-admin/

here a screenshot of my ftp travellertribe.com/wp-admin/

Wien is just one of my site in subfolder for wp network.

this is the screenshot of my root ftp that prove it travellertribe.com/wp-admin/

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Yes, of course - sorry. Momentary loss of all knowledge obviously :slight_smile:

I just went in to the edit screen for one of your super admins and noticed extra elements at the bottom including User Groups, Scoped Roles and Additional Capabilities.

Presumably these are added by plugins and are geared towards managing access for users. Have you tried disabling those plugins? If anything is interfering here, it's likely to be them.

Phil

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi picchio,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!

Otherwise, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.