Permissions

Hi, I did a manual install of Wordpress. I can log into the site, but I cannot delete or update plugins. Any suggestions on where I activate these permissions?

• buddha
    • Syntax Hero

Found this helpful information and it did the trick (also look at item #10):

11. Set Permissions on WordPress Files and Folders

To change the permissions on WordPress files and folders to recommended values, type:
    find /var/www/html/ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;
    find /var/www/html/ -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \;

Change the ownership of the files to 'ftpuser'. Because PHP runs in the identity of the file owner, this will ensure that WordPress can modify files as needed as well maintaining our own access and ensuring read-only access for everyone else:
    chown -R ftpuser /var/www/html

http://stephen-white.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-to-set-up-wordpress-on-amazon-ec2_31.html

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings buddha,

Thank you for letting us know how you resolved the issue though personally I never ran into this issue when FTP'ing WordPress into place and our server KNOW the right permissions to set for the installation with the exception of the uploads folder and in the case of a multisite the blogs.dir folder.

I am only mentioning this for the benefit of those using regular hosting platforms that one does not/cannot chmod permission files and they mistakenly do not get wrapped up trying to perform this action.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.