Permissions on CoursePress

I created an instructor user and they added a new course with 2 units. They logged back in and no longer see those units (course is still there) as an admin, I see the units.

Getting these notices also

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/18608-31997.cloudwaysapps.com/nmmrdjajdu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/classes/class.course.unit.php on line 677

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/18608-31997.cloudwaysapps.com/nmmrdjajdu/public_html/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/classes/class.course.unit.php on line 677

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello natebald,

I tried to replicate this issue on my test site but I could not. Instructors after creating course and logging out again login are still able to see their course.

Are you sure that instructor capabilities were not revoked on those users? Are they still instructors?

Are units published?

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Getting these notices also

Do you see those in WordPress admin panel? If yes please check if you have in wp-config.php file this line

define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);

– if its there please change it to

define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);

let me know if this will help

kind regards,

Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello natebald,

I will have to consult that with developer but I see what is issue here – non-admin instructors are not seeing units that are not published.

When I was checking on my site I checked on course where units were published – I compared settings with your site, tested with test user on your site (wpmudev) and when units are drafts – instructor cannot see them. When they are published – they gain access to those.

I will speak with dev about that, if this is by design or bug and let you know.

kind regards,

Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.