Permissions to access events

I'm trying to use the Ultimate Facebook to pull in Events from my clients facebook page. I am now an admin for this page but wasn't when I installed the plug in.

Although I am able to use the plugin to pull in a photo album, I don't seem to be able to access the events. When I put the events widget on the sidebar I get the following message

Your app doesn't have enough permissions to access your events
Grant needed permissions now

When I click on the "Grant needed permissions now" I get a popup which instantly closes itself. I think it is failing.

Can someone shed light on this?

Regards

Russell

• DavidM

Hi Russell,

That does seem like a particular situation the plugin may not be designed to handle at this time, as the permissions were already initially granted under an account setting that didn't utilize events.

Any chance you could try using the credentials for another App in Facebook, perhaps creating a very basic App for this purpose, then switching back to the proper App credentials and granting permissions again?

I think that would solve it for the moment.

Thanks,
    David

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.