persistent network-wide footer?

I'm looking to create a network-wide footer across all sites in the network; i've tested 'global footer content' but it fails to achieve a couple of things I need it to do:

1. appear at the very bottom of the browser window
2. be able to be left, center or right aligned (default is left)

It presents default left and appears to be at the bottom of whatever the default width is for the theme (so if the theme is set to 100% if will appear at the far left, if set to 990px and viewing on a 1440 wide browser it will appear under the far left edge of the theme, which would be 225px from the edge of the browser window

if there's no way to change the way this plugin works to achieve the two points above, I'd like to be able to create a persistent & fixed footer toolbar so that it appears to be a part of the browser window as opposed to a part of the site design (eg. http://jquerymobile.com/test/docs/toolbars/footer-persist-a.html)

we're establishing a new multisite network and will be offering our our upper level pro-site clients the ability to use their own custom-designed themes; we can't impact on their design integrity by having a plugin that sits over the top of their site design

• Cameron

Hi Joe

I thought the question was implicit in the post (it's actually two):

1. Can i alter the global footer plugin so that it presents the content at the bottom of the browser window rather than at the bottom of the theme?

2. if not, can I create a persistent / fixed footer to appear at the bottom of the browser window across all of the sites in my network (as per the link)

Thanks for getting me to clarify
    Cameron

• aecnu

Greetings Cameron Burgess,

Thank you for these great questions and a significant items to bring up.

1. Can i alter the global footer plugin so that it presents the content at the bottom of the browser window rather than at the bottom of the theme?

I am certain this can probably be done but not qualified to code it myself plus this almost certainly falls into the realm of custom coding, but I will let the lead developer be the judge of that.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

2. if not, can I create a persistent / fixed footer to appear at the bottom of the browser window across all of the sites in my network (as per the link)

The link just brings up a 404 page cannot be displayed error as shown in my screen shot below.

However, I still have a pretty good idea what you want to accomplish, something like Skysa which I use on my personal sites.
    Note: the bar at the bottom of the page

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get the lead developer in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.