Personal info request for new Marketpress settings -multisite

Hi!

I'm getting the following warnings after updating to Marketpress 3.0+ (I haven't updated for quite some time):
"The following payment gateways have been deprecated, Cubepoints, Bitpay, iDEAL, Skrill, Google Checkout. If you were using one of these gateways, please setup a new payment gateway here."
"MarketPress setup is not complete! Once you've completed this quick setup wizard you'll have a fully working online store - exciting!"

The thing is: unlike the previous versions, this update is asking me to input my personal info, like address and such, which for me doesn't make any sense, as I run multisite, the stores are for my users, not myself. Any input on this?

What's that first warning about payment gateways being deprecated? I know this sounds like a dumb question, but I just want to confirm this solely means they're no longer in use in the market -which appears to be the case.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Gabe,

I hope you're having a nice day today!

The first message about gateways is a warning in case you were using any of these gateways previously. If so, you would need to switch to one of those that are currently supported (e.g. Stripe, PayPal etc) because these are indeed deprecated and won't work anymore with MarketPress.

A "personal info" request is there in order to let you setup MarketPress easier. It's kind of "wizard" that would then automatically suggest some settings. I must admit that I haven't performed an update from previous MarketPress for long months for now (as most of the Members already switched to 3.x version) but I can assure you that there's noting personal in these questions that would be treated as "sensitive" data and/or passed to as or anybody else.

I really suggest that you follow the steps that MarketPress suggests and it should let you setup everything as necessary. Then you'll be able to update/change any settings, including those requested that you referred to in your question.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Gabriel,

I must admin I forgot a bit how payments on your site were processed, are you looking to use chained payments so that you as an admin get percentage of sales or each subsite will have its own settings with desired gateway?

If each subsite will be able to use any of the provided gateways there's no need to setup anything for your admin account, however if you're looking for PayPal chained payments you'll need to set it up in network settings.

Best regards,
    Predrag