Personal profiles for members

Wondering if you good folks might be able to guide me please. I'm trying to find the best solution for two things:

(1) A plugin that allows site users to create customer profiles - beyond the standard name, email etc. I would like to give them the option to complete custom profile questions - based on the needs of our site VideoBiker.co.uk (membership site) e.g. I would like to offer a drop down option, that allows users to indicate their level of experience + one to allow them to select which brand of bike they ride.

(2) Is there a plugin that allows site users to join a mailing list as part of their site sign-up?

Anything in the WPMUDEV portfolio to allow me to do these two things please?

• Nastia

Hello Jez , I trust you are doing well today!

(1) A plugin that allows site users to create customer profiles

You can create custom profile fields with the BuddyPress plugin. BuddyPress is integrated with Membership 2 so these fields can be field upon the user registration if you use BudyPress registration method.

BuddyPress offers other features as wee, if these are not required on your site, it is possible to deactivate them.

Once the BuddyPress is installed, navigate to Membership 2 > Add-ons to activate the BuddyPress Integration addon. Click on Details link and enable the following options:
    - Use BuddyPress Registration
    - Show xProfile Fields

After this, you can add a Drop Down field list from Users > Profile Fields

(2) Is there a plugin that allows site users to join a mailing list as part of their site sign-up?

The e-Newsletter plugin has an option to add new users to the mailing list. Once the plugin is installed, navigate to eNewsletter > Settings > General Settings tab and choose "Subscribe" for WordPress User registration

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.