Personalization Field - UK/US Spelling

hi there,

i'm looking to implement marketpress on one of our sites, and the product sold requires the use of the Personalization field (ie: customer's name).

we're based in the UK and I'd like to use the British spelling of Personalization (ie: Personalisation) rather than the US spelling which is used, or perhaps change this to some different text altogether...

is this something that is possible without editing the plugin's core files and causing issues when upgrading? if not, are you able to point me in the right direction to perform a hack?

thanks in advance for your time. huge fan of the plugin :slight_smile:

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @acm

I hope you are well today and glad to hear you like the plugin :slight_smile:

The best way to change this text would be to use a tool such as poedit and edit the text in the included .po file, this would be the best way to translate the text without actually making a core edit.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Translating_WordPress

The language files are in MarketPress > MarketPress includes > languages.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• acm
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

hi Jack,

thanks for that, am currently working my way through creating a custom language file now.. that seems to be a very sensible way to work, cheers!

one further question though, I'm not sure how to define the language for use with marketpress? the guide you mentioned talks about using language files for wordpress itself, rather than for a specific plugin..

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @acm,

one further question though, I'm not sure how to define the language for use with marketpress? the guide you mentioned talks about using language files for wordpress itself, rather than for a specific plugin..

The language files for the MarketPress plugin are located in
    marketpress/marketpress-includes/languages
    so you'll just have to create a new file in there.

I hope that helps!

I am marking this issue as resolved.
    If however you need any further instructions/clarifications, feel free to reopen it and post an update on your current status.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.