Personalize check box in Product Details and Product Sort

I have two questions.

First, I see that on the Product Page under Product Details, there is a "Personalize" button. From what I read, you can use this to get extra information when the customer wants to add a product to the cart. Is this correct?

What I need to do is create a product that the customer can select 4 items out of 8 choices to create a custom set.

Can I use this "Personalize" feature to allow them to identify which 4 items they want? A checkbox where they can check 4 options would be ideal but a text field would be fine to just let them type in the 4 items.

Also, is there a way to create a "sort by" button. I currently have the products ordered by price from low to high but I would like to allow customers to change that and order from high to low.

• aecnu

Greetings askpivot,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

First, I see that on the Product Page under Product Details, there is a "Personalize" button. From what I read, you can use this to get extra information when the customer wants to add a product to the cart. Is this correct?

Yes this is absolutely correct.

Can I use this "Personalize" feature to allow them to identify which 4 items they want?

This is unintended use and what the variations normally would be used for.

The personalize feature creates a filed for them to add for example the name on a tee shirt or something to that effect.

However, a text field would be fine to just let them type in the 4 items.

This would indeed work as you have described.

Also, is there a way to create a "sort by" button. I currently have the products ordered by price from low to high but I would like to allow customers to change that and order from high to low.

This certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

It might take a bit longer than useful at the moment. Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• aecnu

Greetings askpivot,

Thank you for the additional input regarding this issue, it is certainly appreciated.

You would want to check mark the "Personalize" box and make it required and add some text to the box that appears so the user know what is required.

The personalization field is them presented at the bottom of the shipping information section as shown in my screen shot below.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• askpivot

Thanks Joe, I was able to see the field on the shipping page. This definitely helps but it would be ideal if this box could appear on the actual product page so they can order and customize all in one place.

I'm assuming you have it set up this way though because customers can order multiple quantities so a box for each is generated on the shipping page which they can then customize.

Is there any way to include this text field on the product page and have it save in the shopping cart when the product is added?

• aecnu

Greetings askpivot,

Thank you for the additional feedback and question, it is certainly appreciated.

Is there any way to include this text field on the product page and have it save in the shopping cart when the product is added?

Anything is possible when one is a competent coder with a vision and the will to get it done - and I am not a coder.

As the plugin stands now this is clearly in the realm of custom coding which is beyond the scope of the support we provide here.

The best I can do as this ticket stands and be as helpful as possible within the support mandate is make this a feature request.

Alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

In any event I have moved this ticket to the feature requests area and have alerted the lead developer of the request thereof.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.