Photo Shifting and Zoom

Good evening. I am using "Staff Directory" from Wordpress by Adam Toole to display staff. It works really, really well. Recently, I have been noticing that for some reason a few of my images are turning 90 degrees. I'm not sure what is causing this, but you can see the staff images on the left and it will be displayed.

http://cityofhanahan.com/government/police-department

I use Photon (Jetpack) Hummingbird from WPMUDEV and I believe that is it for my images.

Another thing that really gets on my nerves is the cropping. I notice in the thumbnail images there is a ?zoom=2 in the URL. Is that what is causing the images to be chopped? The heads of a lot of employees are missing.

Thanks,
David

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi David,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Recently, I have been noticing that for some reason a few of my images are turning 90 degrees. I'm not sure what is causing this, but you can see the staff images on the left and it will be displayed.

It seems like a plugin conflict, since I don't see you mention about performing a plugin conflict test, could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out whether any plugin is causing this issue.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Hummingbird plugin only provides minification, browser caching, Gzip Compression, and Website monitoring features, the plugin doesn't alter any images.

I was only able to notice resize=200%2C250" in your images urls, but not zoom, maybe I missed that in your given page. These zoom, and resize in your urls are controlled by a plugin. It seems like this might be coming from within the Jetpack Photon module, a conflict test as mentioned above should rule this out.

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello David,

This is strange - because I'm checking your site in Chrome and images there are looking fine

only when looking directly on image it gets turned around. Those images are coming from wp.com CDN (Jetpack and Photon) - are they looking the same when they are loaded from your WordPress site directly?

Would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• David
    • The Crimson Coder

Hello Kasia,
    I have enabled the support.

This issue is strange indeed. Sometimes they appear turned, sometimes they do not. I read an article last week about this concern that images loaded from iOS products were rotating but this isn't the case here. Really strange. Please let me know what you uncover, if anything.

Thanks in advance,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.