PHP 7.2 incompatibility errors (5)

Important info for you guys to update, as PHP 7.2 has a few errors (see below). I can update on my end, but it would be great for you guys to offer global update. Here are the errors I find:

FILE: /nas/content/live/gpsmember/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/lib/PHPSecLib/Crypt/Random.php
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOUND 5 ERRORS AFFECTING 2 LINES
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
75 | ERROR | Extension 'mcrypt' is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead
75 | ERROR | Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use random_bytes() or OpenSSL instead
114 | ERROR | Extension 'mcrypt' is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use openssl (preferred) or pecl/mcrypt once available instead
114 | ERROR | Function mcrypt_create_iv() is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2; Use random_bytes() or OpenSSL instead
114 | ERROR | The constant "MCRYPT_DEV_URANDOM" is deprecated since PHP 7.1 and removed since PHP 7.2

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Greta Rose,

All the above reported functions are added as backward compatibility for older version of PHP , ie lesser that PHP 7.2. The reported functions won't run in 7.2, and the plugin is fully compatible, and should be working fine with PHP 7.2

Please let us know if you have any further query. Have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

• Claire Brotherton
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I get the same errors for the WPMU Dev Updater plugin. Based on the reply above I assume it's fine to upgrade to 7.2.

I also saw this error for Hummingbird Pro. Anything to be concerned about?

/wp-content/plugins/wp-hummingbird/core/modules/class-module-advanced.php
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    512 | ERROR | Extension 'mysql_' is deprecated since PHP 5.5 and removed since PHP 7.0; Use mysqli instead

• Ash
      • WordPress Hacker

Hello Claire Brotherton

Nope, there is nothing to be concerned about :slight_smile:

This code is to maintain the backward compatibility, so you are good to go :slight_smile:

About the HB error, there is no code calling mysql_* functions, all queries are executed using native WP functions. I think the plugin you are checking with found $mysql_vars and that's why raided as an issue. Basically, $mysql_vars is a variable name and nothing to do with mysql query :slight_smile:

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
      Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.