Php 7 Causes back end crash

We are currently running WordPress 4.7.2 on php 5.6.
If I enable PHP 7.0.2 I get the following error messages and cannot log into the back end of the site. Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; WDS_Metabox has a deprecated constructor in /home/foggybottomwebde/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-core/admin/wds-core-metabox.php on line 3

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; WDS_Taxonomy has a deprecated constructor in /home/foggybottomwebde/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-core/admin/wds-core-taxonomy.php on line 3

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/foggybottomwebde/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmu-dev-seo/wds-files/wds-core/admin/wds-core-metabox.php:3) in /home/foggybottomwebde/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1179

What should I do?
Thank you.

• Rupok

Hi John Langlois,

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. Can you please check if you have debug display enabled for your site? To check this, please login to your server with any FTP application like filezilla and go to the root directory of your site. There you will get "wp-config.php" file. Open that file and look for this line:
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );
    If you find this line, please replace that line with the following:
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    Now save the file and close. This will disable debug display and should allow you to login to your dashboard without any issue.

Please let us know if this doesn't help. We will be glad to help further.

And regarding the errors you got, I could regenerate the deprecated warnings on my test site and I could see that issue in the plugin files. So I'm reporting this to our developer right now. I believe, he will come up with a fix very soon.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and release a fix. I appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi John Langlois,

Obviously it would be better to remove the cause of those errors. That's why I've already reported this to our developer. I believe, he will fix these errors very soon and provide us a quick fix or patched version of this plugin, or include these fixes in our upcoming version of this plugin.

I'll update you as soon as I get anything from our developer. I appreciate your patience.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• #Garth

There are still plenty of plugins that will display minor warnings such as these when run in PHP 7, particularly since there has been a recent version upgrade to 7.2

Unless they are fatal errors which obviously break the site, and not just warnings (of things like deprecated functions), you can usually quite safely turn off error reporting on your host - and in general it's a good idea to suppress error display in a (live) production environment and, if need be, just log errors and check them during times of site changes/upgrades. We only use error display in our development environment.