PHP 7 Compatibility Issues

Hi,

We're in the process of setting up Pro Sites for a large installation but have found some issues with PHP 7.

Can these be rectified so that Pro Sites is fully PHP 7 compatible ?

Thanks

FILE: /home/www/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/plugins-loader.php
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
94 | ERROR | Global with variable variables are not allowed since PHP 7.0

FILE: /home/www/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/tcpdf/tcpdf.php
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOUND 3 ERRORS AFFECTING 3 LINES
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7968 | ERROR | INI directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated from PHP 5.3 and forbidden from PHP 5.4.
8339 | ERROR | The use of function set_magic_quotes_runtime is discouraged from PHP version 5.3 and forbidden from PHP version 7.0
26962 | ERROR | 'clone' is a reserved keyword introduced in PHP version 5.0 and cannot be invoked as a function (T_CLONE)

FILE: /home/www/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/lib/psts_pricing_table.php
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
414 | ERROR | Global with variable variables are not allowed since PHP 7.0

FILE: /home/www/wp-content/plugins/pro-sites/pro-sites-files/lib/psts_pricing_table_admin.php
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOUND 3 ERRORS AFFECTING 3 LINES
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
53 | ERROR | Global with variable variables are not allowed since PHP 7.0
202 | ERROR | Global with variable variables are not allowed since PHP 7.0
431 | ERROR | Global with variable variables are not allowed since PHP 7.0

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Pagester,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Could you please tell me how/where did you tracked down these errors? I mean: were they thrown by WP debugging or in server's/PHP logs?

These messages suggest fatal errors while these are actually warnings/notices. The Pro Sites plugin should work with PHP 7. Just to make sure I checked it on my own test setup and it runs fine on PHP 7.0.7. I'd like to investigate it further though.

Looking forward for your replay,
    Adam

• Pagester

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your reply.

We have all our code audited to flag any potential compatibility issues and these were a list of errors our consultant brought to us regarding PHP 7 and the Pro Sites plugin.

The reason I'm raising them is that we don't know if they will cause functional problems that will only become apparent after our users start signing up through pro sites and paying invoices etc.

For example some of the PHP functions used aren't backwards compatible and are flagged as removed, this is a real worry for us with a large user base.

We have fixed a number of PHP 7 related errors in other WPMUDev plugins but Pro Sites and our other ticket for Shapshot are just too large a plugin for us to have time to do it in-house.

Thanks

• Milan

Hello Pagester ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

We have all our code audited to flag any potential compatibility issues and these were a list of errors our consultant brought to us regarding PHP 7 and the Pro Sites plugin.

Could you please ask to your consultant that were these thrown by WP debugging or in server's/PHP logs ?

Looking forward to hearing back. :slight_smile: