PHP Deprecated on php7

HI, xampp, php7 and have this error in my logs

[11-Oct-2016 13:04:46 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; graph has a deprecated constructor in C:xampphtdocstest.devwp-contentpluginsreportsreports-filesreport-graphsopen-flash-chartopen-flash-chart.php on line 6

[11-Oct-2016 13:04:46 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; line has a deprecated constructor in C:xampphtdocstest.devwp-contentpluginsreportsreports-filesreport-graphsopen-flash-chartopen-flash-chart.php on line 1237

[11-Oct-2016 13:04:46 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; line_hollow has a deprecated constructor in C:xampphtdocstest.devwp-contentpluginsreportsreports-filesreport-graphsopen-flash-chartopen-flash-chart.php on line 1344

[11-Oct-2016 13:04:46 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; line_dot has a deprecated constructor in C:xampphtdocstest.devwp-contentpluginsreportsreports-filesreport-graphsopen-flash-chartopen-flash-chart.php on line 1378

[11-Oct-2016 13:04:46 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; bar has a deprecated constructor in C:xampphtdocstest.devwp-contentpluginsreportsreports-filesreport-graphsopen-flash-chartopen-flash-chart.php on line 1387

[11-Oct-2016 13:04:46 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; bar_3d has a deprecated constructor in C:xampphtdocstest.devwp-contentpluginsreportsreports-filesreport-graphsopen-flash-chartopen-flash-chart.php on line 1489

[11-Oct-2016 13:04:46 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; bar_fade has a deprecated constructor in C:xampphtdocstest.devwp-contentpluginsreportsreports-filesreport-graphsopen-flash-chartopen-flash-chart.php on line 1498

[11-Oct-2016 13:04:46 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; bar_outline has a deprecated constructor in C:xampphtdocstest.devwp-contentpluginsreportsreports-filesreport-graphsopen-flash-chartopen-flash-chart.php on line 1507

[11-Oct-2016 13:04:46 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; bar_glass has a deprecated constructor in C:xampphtdocstest.devwp-contentpluginsreportsreports-filesreport-graphsopen-flash-chartopen-flash-chart.php on line 1536

[11-Oct-2016 13:04:46 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; bar_sketch has a deprecated constructor in C:xampphtdocstest.devwp-contentpluginsreportsreports-filesreport-graphsopen-flash-chartopen-flash-chart.php on line 1549

[11-Oct-2016 13:04:46 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; candle has a deprecated constructor in C:xampphtdocstest.devwp-contentpluginsreportsreports-filesreport-graphsopen-flash-chartopen-flash-chart.php on line 1579

[11-Oct-2016 13:04:46 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; hlc has a deprecated constructor in C:xampphtdocstest.devwp-contentpluginsreportsreports-filesreport-graphsopen-flash-chartopen-flash-chart.php on line 1598

[11-Oct-2016 13:04:46 UTC] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; point has a deprecated constructor in C:xampphtdocstest.devwp-contentpluginsreportsreports-filesreport-graphsopen-flash-chartopen-flash-chart.php on line 1616

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Dennis,

My colleague Predrag helped me to test this issue in PHP 7 environment but we could not find any deprecated notice regarding the User Reports plugin. I’ve also asked my other colleagues to test this extensively and as soon as we can regenerate these notices, I’ll report this to our developer.

While we do further testing, can you please tell us which PHP 7 version are you using? We will try to run this plugin in that exact PHP 7 version and see if we can regenerate this.

I’m looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Dennis,

To reconfirm the issue, I tested User Reports plugin with this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/php-compatibility-checker/

That plugin also confirms that these errors (which you have provided above) are not there in this plugin. So I’m really confused at this point. Please let us know exactly which PHP version you are using. I’ll test in that version and will try to regenerate.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Dennis
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Rupok,

it’s php 7.0.9

To get this error, you need you have this in your wp-config to read to log file:

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

It won’t show with “debug true” alone.

Dennis

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Dennis,

This is very unfortunate. I added all these four lines (first three was already there) in my wp-config.php file but I still could not regenerate those same errors on my test site.

Just to make sure this is a general error, can you please try to regenerate this on another server running PHP 7 ? I tried with PHP 7.0.8 but no luck. Please let us know if the same set of errors are shown in your another server too. My colleagues who did the test with me, could not regenerate this either.

I’m looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Dennis,

On my own Macbook Pro, I use MAMP PRO (this is a paid software, but you can use the trial) and this software allows me to change PHP version of my local instance with just two clicks. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

On their page, I can see that they have a installer for Windows OS too, though I've not tried that.

On Linux, you can try this workaround: http://askubuntu.com/a/250821

Here is another tutorial for linux: https://www.sitepoint.com/run-multiple-versions-php-one-server/

I believe these will help you to setup and use multiple versions of PHP in your local server. Please let us know if you have any confusion of if you are stuck at any point. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Dennis

Thanks, Rupok,

Upon your recommendation I installed the pro version, seems as this program is designed for Mac, I run my machine on Win 10.

For a paid software I would expect better docs, which suck big time, and without any deeper explanation of many of their features in the setup process. (programmer writing the user manual for other programmers, typical lack of understanding of “how to” make your stuff user-friendly, so it can be up and running in a short time!) It doesn’t even install the outdated version of wp into its own directory, just directly into htdocs without any further info on how to run multiple sites locally!

There are tho two features offered that I like but, righ now, I don’t have the time to play with it, so I put this on hold till later.

Regards

Dennis

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Dennis,

I do agree with you. I’m sorry for the inconvenience but MAMP Pro is not our software. So I can’t tell what they are up to. However, I asked my colleague Milan and he confirmed MAMP Pro is working fine in his Windows 10 laptop.

Regarding usage in Windows 10, I searched and found this documentation: https://documentation-3.mamp.info/en/documentation/mamp-pro-windows/

From the documentation, it seems like the interface is same on Mac and Windows. So you can follow this screencast and I think procedure will be same in Mac: http://take.ms/9OIDK

I hope this will help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Chris Bourne
    • The Crimson Coder

On the topic of how to run multi PHP on local host it’s easy but don’t go crazy with over complicating yourself unless you know what you are doing.

Plenty of guides online to help based on the AMP setup.

Think of localhost just like a real host.

Local host cheat as follows:

In your local hosts file stick:

127.0.0.1 sample.myclientsdev.com

ping sample.myclientsdev.com

It should say 127.0.0.1

You can now setup your Apache to use virtual hosts.

Simple as that.

Treat the 127.0.0.1 now as your shared virtual host IP

Or do the same with your LAN IP to allow your colleagues access.

If you use LAN IP make sure all colleagues on your LAN use the same hosts file but Make sure the LAN IP is the IP of the AMP machine.

Hope this helps or at the least gives you food for thought.

As a suggestion if you have the resources and expertise build yourself a lamp centos virtualbox with a control panel interface.

Plenty of free ones out there.

Just make sure you secure it.

Regards,

Chris

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Dennis

I believe the misunderstanding is, as you selected User Report plugin, so Rupok tested that plugin. But the error you posted you reported is coming from Reports plugin.

I can confirm the issue in Reports plugin and marking as a bug as well as reporting to the developer. We appreciate your patience on this.

Have a good day!

Cheers

Ash

• Dennis

Thanks, Rupok,

I followed the help that comes with the program, very basic and seems as it is written for those who already know the program! I’ll give it a 2nd try in a few days, seems to be a better product than xampp, at least more features.

I know, it’s a German product, (like xampp) the lack of documentation might be explained by their location, they are located in a walking distant from the Franc borders!!

Regards

Dennis

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Dennis,

Well, in that case, I think you can contact them and let them know about this. I hope, they will take this in consideration and will provide better documentation in future.

Regarding the PHP 7 compatibility issue, I think we had a miscommunication about plugin name and my colleague Ashok could regenerate the same issue you mentioned in this thread description. He has also provided a workaround here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/php-deprecated-on-php7#post-1159135

Can you please check and confirm that this workaround is working for you? If it doesn’t, please let us know. We will be glad to assist further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Chris Bourne
    • The Crimson Coder

How game are you? I can give you a bit of guidance to build your own virtual dev server linux based that you can talk to via SSH and FTP and Browser for managing once it’s built.

You need around 2GB spare memory for it and 20GB+ and a basic knowledge of Linux.

Are you keen?

• Chris Bourne
    • The Crimson Coder

Ok the few methods I tried are a bit outdated so some things failed in my install.

Ideally my idea would be this.

VirtualBox

CentOS 7 install

ISPConfig which supports multiphp

All free products.

ISPConfig has a setup guide but it’s a bit outdated so you can follow the setup guide for 7.2.

I’ve got my box up to the stage of installing ISPConfig following the 7.0 guide but it’s 11pm here so i’m off to rest.

I found a hickup at the quota section – but I believe the 7.2 guide is better since I am using 7.2. (I only realised at the point of no return lol)

• Dennis

Hi Chris,

I do not have time this week to look into this as I’m having guests from abroad coming later this week, it will be a 5 day weekend for me :wink:, Perhaps it might be easiest to make a new post where others can join to share their stuff or learn the in’s and out’s?

Regards

Dennis

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.