PHP Error with WMPU DEV plugin

Am looking for insight into 2 PHP errors:
1--- [18-Jan-2016 13:45:59 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_plugin_active() in /home/spiritu2/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/includes/class-wpmudev-dashboard-api.php on line 541
2--- [20-Jan-2016 00:33:00 UTC] PHP Warning: strip_tags() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/spiritu2/public_html/wp-admin/update-core.php on line 300

Thanks in advance for your time
David

• Milan

Hello @David,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

I've checked your site but I was not able to find any page provided by WPMU DEV Dashboard generating error you've mentioned. Can you please tell where you noticed that error. To be sure its not bug I've tested on my sandbox site with debug more enabled. Fortunately there I also was not able to reproduce these errors.

Let me know on which page you are noticing these errors or they have been handled by you ?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Cheers,
    Milan.

• David

Hello Milan, Apology for getting back so late. I am post stroke with cognitive /visual disturbance. Needed a few days away from the Beast-Machine. The errors are being logged by BulletProof Pro logs, which I have found to be very accurate in my limited experience. I can't tell what is causing the interrelationship problem, although it may be in the interworkings of the database? From my experiences, it shows that a plugin in is having a problem that usually has nothing to do with BPS Pro, and when I notify the producer of the plugin they are already aware and/or are in process to fix and/or slate the bug for fixing; in other words, I am not sure how to respond to you, I am no mean an expert, just an experienced technical user.. I am going to contact BPS pro also since I am having a DUO Security cookie problem on wordpress also.

Thanks so much for your time
    David

• Milan

Hello @David,

Hope you are doing well.

I must admin I am little bit confused here. :slight_frown: But if we talk about your main issue then its false alarm. You can ignore that. I've checked core plugin files to check why is_plugin_active() function used. :slight_smile: Actually is_plugin_active function is used to determine how many of our plugins activated on your site. So that our WPMU DEV Dashboard can render its ui accordingly.

I've confirmed on your site that notices are not causing any issue while downloading and installing plugin from WPMU DEV.

If that error is causing you any issue with site just let us know otherwise you can ignore this. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Milan Savaliya.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.