PHP incompatible errors

Hi Support
I have loaded several of your plugins and also PHP Compatibility Checker plugin on my site. when I ran this across my site & specified PHP v7, which is what I am using with my site, I got the following errors, which looks like you guys need to fix?

WPMU DEV Dashboard - Warnings: 4 Errors: 1
Upfront - Errors: 12 :
Snapshot - Warnings: 14 Errors: 31

SmartCrawl - Compatible - Warnings: 63
Appointments+ - Warnings: 1 Errors: 4 :

If you access my site (access given) you will be able to see all the errors details, there is too much to include on this message.

Thanks, Rawson

• Rupok

Hi Rawson,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience. Regarding the errors and the warnings the PHP Compatibility Checker plugin is showing for the "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin, the old function is still there for backward compatibility. We have to still work for older versions of php where they don't have the mysqli extension. It will use the newer extension though if it is available and not cause an error in php7. That checker plugin cannot differentiate backward compatible code, which is why it is throwing false alarms for WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin.

The issues showing in Upfront are already reported to our developers and they are aware of this. I believe, they will come up with a fix very soon.

The issues showing in Snapshot, most of them are coming from third-party libraries. But our developers are aware of this and I believe, they will take care of this.

Regarding the SmartCrawl issues, I'm reporting this to our developer right now. I believe, he will take care of this very soon.

Regarding the issues with Appointments+, I could not find the errors on your site. When I tried to check on my site, the PHP Compatibility Checker plugin said this:
    The plugin/theme was skipped as it was too large to scan before the server killed the process.
    So can you please copy and paste the errors of Appointments+ here so I can report those to our developers?

Thanks for reporting. I really appreciate this.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rawson

Hi Rupok
    Thanks for your update.
    The errors I got for the Appointment+ plugin, were generated before I upgraded it. Then I got the same result as you, after I upgrade it and I tried to test it again!!

I also got an error from comments+ as follows:
    /wp-content/plugins/comments-plus/lib/external/lightopenid/openid.php
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FOUND 0 ERRORS AND 1 WARNING AFFECTING 1 LINE
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    290 | WARNING | INI directive 'safe_mode' is deprecated since PHP 5.3 and removed since PHP 5.4.

• Nithin

Hi Rawson,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thank you for sharing the compatibility test, we are constantly updating our plugins in making it compatible with PHP 7, all the plugins should work fine in PHP 7 without any fatal errors.

However if you give a closer look at the above one, you'll notice there isn't any error, and it's more of a warning. The mentioned warning is related to backward compatibility, and the plugin won't break your website.

Thanks for bringing this in attention, this is more of a false positive. I hope this clears your query, please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.