PHP issues translating a page

I’m translating my homepage to different languages using PHP GLOBALS on language.php file, but for some reason I can’t recall the Portuguese version is still displaying a sentence in English. The other languages that the page is translated to are working properly.

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi Jonathan ,

I had a look at the files you shared with @viobru. This is really not the recommended way of translating pages in WordPress. I'm not sure if you are aware of translation plugins and still decided to go this way, so I am sharing a nice article to read:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/top-6-translation-plugins-for-your-wordpress-site/

If you are not aware of this, I would suggest to use one of those plugins, which will be good for future projects and good for your clients too.

As this is not following WP standards we can't provide much support on it. However as it seems you have been putting so much work on this I'd like to help out :slight_smile:

As the files don't show where the issue is, it would be better if you could provide admin and ftp access where we could have a closer look. You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- link back to this thread for reference

Cheers!

• Jonathan
    • The Crimson Coder

I've submitted this info, but I have to say, it was annoying to read this message, since I already gave all this info over the live chat. In terms of using a different method to translate, I wish that was an option, but the client is not willing to pay for any major changes right now., so I really appreciate you trying to help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.