PHP Notice - Property of Non-Object

Please let me know if you are able to provide update to address the error I'm seeing:

PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /nas/content/staging/install_name/wp-content/plugins/google-analytics-async/google-analytics-async-files/class-widget-ga-most-popular-content.php on line 66, referer: http://my.staging-site@wpengine. com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=gf_edit_forms&view=settings&id=4

Thank you,
Ian

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Ian,

Hope you're well?

That's not actually an error, it's just a notice and should prevent the plugin working. However, it's never good to have debug notices output to the screen.

You can disable the output toscreen by disabling WP_DEBUG in wp-config.php

Find WP_DEBUG in your wp-config.php and set it to false

Then add the following lines below it, so that it looks like:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

Now instead of debug notices being output to the screen, they should instead be written to a file called debug.log inside /wp-content folder.

Hope this helps

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

With the above code, debug is still enabled, but rather than it displaying the notices on screen it writes them to a file instead. It's bad practice to output them to screen anyway and also the debug notice itself can actually cause issues as it can affect JS and so on on the page.

I have reported this to the developer though anyway.

Cheers

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Ian, hope you had a wonderful day.

I hope you don't mind me chipping in here. Can you open "/wp-content/plugins/google-analytics-async/google-analytics-async-files/class-widget-ga-most-popular-content.php" and go to Line 66? There you will find this line:
    $options = $wmd_msreader->plugin['site_options'];
    Can you replace this with the following?

if (is_object($wmd_msreader)) {
                $options = $wmd_msreader->plugin['site_options'];
            }

It should temporarily fix the issue until our developer adds this fix in future releases. Please let us know how it goes.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.