PHP Notices using Marketpress Pro - help!

I joined as a paid member to get MarketPress Pro; I've been looking at MP since December. I could never get it to work without define('WP_DEBUG', false).

Surely this wouldn't be an issue if I spend the money for the Pro version - right? So... I just agreed to integrate MarketPress Pro for a customer.

I was wrong. I just finished a completely fresh install of WP 8.1 single-site and MarketPress 2.9.3.2, released yesterday, 2014 theme (I also tried 2013 and 2012).

Basic setup - set state, tax, and PayPal info, everything else is default. Imported sample data from sample-marketpress-import.csv.

Without define('WP_DEBUG', false) php throws e_notices all over the place. At least I got through the setup without back-end errors but in the front-end as soon as I go to the Store page and select anything Products, Shopping Cart, Order Status I get a plethora of notices.

First of many (when selecting Products):
Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /usr/www/users/bill/_mp/wp-includes/post-template.php on line 506

Is it possible that this plugin will only function with define('WP_DEBUG', false)? Please tell me that's not true, what am I missing here?

Here is the test site I just created http://mp.srvr.net/