PHP Session info and Marketpress' "Whoops. Looks like you've missed a step" mess

Hi Guys,

I did a quick search and found a few other topics touching on this one but none seem to really answer my questions specifically.

I'm getting the "whoops look like you missed a step" on the payment confirmation page.

Double checked my php.ini and it seems like it should be fine to me - as far as I can tell it's set to save session info and the path is there on the server.

Site is http://www.greenbrick.ca and you can see a php info file at http://www.greenbrick.ca/php_info.php

Another issue that seems to be coming up and I'm not positive if this is related to the first or if I should start another thread is that when logged in, testing the checkout procedure remembers my shipping info after coming back from Paypal (but get the whoops message reagrdless).

Yet when logged out and testing when I return it doesn't have the shipping info saved there.

Maybe it's late and I'm just missing something obvious but if you could give me any help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• Gabrielle
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Phil - thanks for looking into it for me!

I don't think the $5 goes through (hopefully, otherwise I have given up a lot more than $5 lol) If it did go through I will have that money refunded for you.

I'm not using SeoPress at all though so I'm thinking maybe a conflict with the theme? What portion of SeoPress was the culprit? Maybe I can track down something in the theme that might have the same characteristics or functions (it's a pretty complex theme so I wouldn't be surprised)

Any help you give me is much appreciated!

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Okay, that rules out SeoPress for us then.

Presumably you have other plugins active? Can you disable all those, revert to the default theme and try it again?

The hope is that the issue goes away and we then figure out where the conflict is. If not, we'll dig deeper...

Phil

• Gabrielle

Alrightey - just tried it and looks like a swing and a miss.

The only plugins I have are NextGen Gallery, Marketpress and Options Tree which is required for the theme.

Disabled all, reverted to default theme, cleared cache and still seeing both issues.

hmmmm.... I can create you a user account if you would like to maybe take a check under the hood.

Thanks for your help Phil!

• Gabrielle

Hi Phil,

Just upgraded and both issues still seem to be persisting.

Tried deactivating everything and setting the default theme as well and restarted, cleared cache just in case it was something on my end. No dice :slight_frown:

I wonder if prehaps I should downgrade Marketpress to a previous version? This site requires digital downloads though so it would have to be after 2.0.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

I wonder if prehaps I should downgrade Marketpress to a previous version?

I definitely don't wanna go down that route! Much rather get this sorted for ya :slight_smile:

RIght, I'm a bit stumped here. I've forwarded your site details to a developer to take a look and hopefully he'll have something to suggest.

Phil

• Gabrielle

Sounds good Phil!
    Yeah I wish I could be more help but this is an issue I have never run into before with Marketpress - usually it works perfectly right out of the box for me.

Let me know if you want any other information or if there's any sort of actions I can take to help the dev along with his troubleshooting.

Thanks again for your amazing help!

• Gabrielle

Hi,
    Just wondering when I would be contacted by a dev on this issue? This is kinda crucial to a site I'm hoping to go live with as soon as possible and this is the one thing hindering it's live-ness :wink:

Let me know if I can get you any info, do anything to help you out, perform any actions on the site, etc to help resolve this issue.

Thanks so much!

• Aaron
    • CTO

Ok, well I can't recreate. What causes the message is if that final step/page is reloaded/loaded without the chosen gateway session var set. The var gets cleared on that page load, so if you try to reload it it would show the message. Perhaps your browser or a plugin/theme item is somehow reloading/redirecting/double loading that page?

• Gabrielle

Hi Aaron,

hmmm well I don't think it is something in the site itself. I have tried disabling all other plugins (which there really are only two other ones used on the site) and switching to the default theme and the error still happens.

I use Firefox 5 mainly witha few extensions but the same issue is also coming up when I use Internet Explorer 8. As well as the shipping info not saving once coming back from Paypal.

Is there anything else we can do to try to figure out the issue?
    Do you have the login info I sent when I was conversing with Phil on this issue.

What are your thoughts on maybe trying this with an older version of Marketpress? The only issue is that I need the ability for digital downloads with this site.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

• Gabrielle

hmmm. still doesn't seem to be working.

I'm wondering if maybe this is a session problem? I got frsutrated and tried another system but some issues are arising there which makes me think that it's probably not Marketpress.

Can you take a look at my php info file and let me know if you notice anything out of sorts? I'm definitely not an expert when it comes to stuff like that so any help you could give me is much appreciated.

http://greenbrick.ca/php_info.php

Thanks Aaron!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.