php warning on new user registration

Hi

I am getting the following warning when setting up a new user/site using wp-signup.php :

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/brew7nl/public_html/wp-includes/ms-settings.php on line 111

This is displayed when I click on the activation link that I receive via email.

Anyone know what this could be?

Thanks,
Joe

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Joe

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

Did you check that after disabling all plugins and with default theme? It may be caused by any plugins, in that case you can run a plugin conflict test. Disable all plugins and activate one by one and check which one is causing the error.

Another thing, with the warning, the user can activate his account? Also I think you have enabled debug mode from wp-config.php. You can try disabling the mode to

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

If still you see the problem, please write the following code at the top of wp-config.php

ini_set( 'display_errors', 'off' );
    or
    ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Make sure you have latest version of wordpress.

Hope it helps. Let me know if it fixes for you.

Cheers
    Ash

• Joe
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Ashok

I'm afraid I do still have this issue - I dont really want to suppress all errors, as that will not make whatever the issue is go away.

I think this error may be related to the new blog templates plugin as I cannot get that to work. I'll disable that tonight and see if I still get the error when a new user signs up.

Thanks,
    Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.