PHP7 compatibility with WP Engine hosting

Hi,

this site is hosted at WP Engine, where I can have it transferred to PHP7. I ran a diagnostic plugin to prepare that and for WPMU it came up with this error message:

FILE: /nas/content/live/chrisbizz/wp-content/plugins/wpmudev-updates/template/support-system.php

FOUND 1 ERROR AND 4 WARNINGS AFFECTING 5 LINES

77 | ERROR | Extension ‘mysql_’ is deprecated since PHP 5.5 and removed since PHP 7.0 – use mysqli instead.

313 | WARNING | Function name “__render_list” is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use

334 | WARNING | Function name “__error_reporting” is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use

376 | WARNING | Function name “__value_format” is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use

390 | WARNING | Function name “__const_format” is discouraged; PHP has reserved all method names with a double underscore prefix for future use

So my question is if your products will run OK with PHP7 – or should I avoid doing that?

Tx & rgds – Chris

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey Chris,

Hope you’re doing well today :slight_smile:

The warnings you see in that report are showing because the plugin has backwards compatibility with older PHP version and that code is needed for it to work with PHP versions before 7.0.

The code will only be used on older PHP version and new PHP will use other parts of code that’s 7+ compatible.

All of our plugins should be running fine with PHP 7+ but if you do encounter any issues we will gladly look into them and sort them out :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.