Pinterest Board HTML disappears when I close then re-open a page

`Hi

I have added the below code one of my pages.

<a data-pin-do=”embedBoard” href=”http://pinterest.com/kisswedding/wedding-color-ideas/” data-pin-scale-width=”140″ data-pin-scale-height=”250″ data-pin-board-width=”600″></a>

It’s a pinterest code for putting a board on a site. You create them via this > http://business.pinterest.com/widget-builder/#do_embed_board

When I save it and look at the site it’s fine. It’s great!

But, when I log back into the page (regardless of whether I do anything to it) it disappears.

Does anyone know why? What can I do to fix this. It’s extremely impractical having to replace the code every single time I go to a page.

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @annasusmiles,

It sounds like the WordPress WYSIWIG editor is stripping this out when you come back into the post. It’s set to filter certain HTML, so perhaps this is being removed. Normally WordPress admins are allowed to use unfiltered HTML.

Are you editing the page through an account that’s not an admin? Or are you on Multisite and you’re not super admin?

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

You would have a “My Sites” option in your dashboard. If you’re logged in as the super admin, you would be able to to visit /wp-admin/network and modify network wide settings.

If you are using Multisite, you can use a plugin like Role Scoper to enable the “unfiltered_html” capability for your user account.

Or, you could see about getting your account promoted to Super Admin. At this level unfiltered_html is already available

It’s disabled by default for normal admins in Multisite because it poses a security risk. If any user could simply add HTML, they could pull in scripts that steal session information from other users, and other nasty things. So that’s why WordPress by default doesn’t include an option to enable it. However, this can always change with plugins, and if you’re the only user, there’s no reason to not have it.

Let me know what you find out!

Best regards

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.