Placing protected content in Membership

Hi,
I'm starting to upload my content for the Membership plugin. I already set up the options to mask in the dashboard of the plugin.

How do I place the content inside the codes? I don't have a clue!

Do I place a button, image or link with the entire path to my files and the system will mask it automatically?

Or do I have to use the masking path manually, changing the true path to this path?

Thanks,
MM

• mariamar

Hi Aristath,

I placed a link directly to the file between brackets and it was not masked at all. I could see the entire path and if I clicked, I could access it.

Before, I used to see a download icon in the kitchen sink, which MAY be connected to the membership plugin so that it could mask the link. (Just guessing here.)

But now I don't see that icon in the sink. Instead I see the pay per post icon. I wonder if this icon displaced the other?

Or perhaps that has nothing to do with anything.

The thing is, how do I place the content in the coded area so that the true path is not exposed and the masked path takes effect?

Thanks,
    MM

• mariamar

Hi,
    I'm still waiting about how to protect content.

I have a second question. I've been avoiding using the WP sign in form because I don't want people to subscribe through WP and get the automatically sent newsletter that's only for members. But now I don't know how members will login!

Is there an easy way to create a different login page/form that's integrated with the membership? Or do I have to use the WP box?

Is there is a way, please let me know exactly what to do.

Thanks,
    MM

• mariamar

OK, This is what I need about the login.

1. I want to avoid as much as possible people using the WP to subscribe. This may trigger them receiving stuff only for members.

2. I want to point visitors to register with the Membership registration page.

3. However, once they register, how will they login? That's what I need. Either I need a more controlled login plugin, or perhaps there's a way to create a login page using the Membership plugin?

Thanks,
    MM

• aristath

@mariamar The URL is not revealed to non-members. And even if it is revealed, non-members can't download the file if you've protected it using media protection!
    However it sounds like what you want to do is mask the URL for registered and paying members! If this is the case, it is not doable with the Membership plugin!

2. I want to point visitors to register with the Membership registration page.

Would a redirect to the trick for you? So that when users try to access /wp-login.php, they will be redirected to the registration page...

3. However, once they register, how will they login? That's what I need. Either I need a more controlled login plugin, or perhaps there's a way to create a login page using the Membership plugin?

You can simply use a login widget... If you google it you'll find plenty of them!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• mariamar

Hi,
    1. Yes, I wan to protect the URL from everyone, so that it is not shared. Isn't that the idea behind "complete" protection?

2 and 3
    I've been checking the login plugins and already tried more than six. I don't even remember if I found one yet! But as I spoke I think it was to Jack or Barry, if I have blocked WP registration, will the login plugin work?

Please add the following as feature requests for Membership:
    1. Create a login system independently for members, one that works with WP blocked, so that there are no WP registrations or confusions.

2. Integration of login/registration with affiliates, so that affiliates can sign in without becoming members and sales in Membership can be tracked.

3. Full masking of the URL. It's not that weird, you know. Most membership systems DO have it!!

4. Easy way to set up cookie duration in the administration options.

Thanks,
    MM

• aristath

1. Yes, I wan to protect the URL from everyone, so that it is not shared. Isn't that the idea behind "complete" protection?

The idea behind "complete" protection is preventing non-members from being able to download your content. Is that goal not achieved?

2 and 3
    I've been checking the login plugins and already tried more than six. I don't even remember if I found one yet! But as I spoke I think it was to Jack or Barry, if I have blocked WP registration, will the login plugin work?

Registration and logging-in are 2 separate things.
    Yes, it will work.

1. Create a login system independently for members, one that works with WP blocked, so that there are no WP registrations or confusions.

I'm afraid that won't work! The membership plugin has nothing to do with the WordPress registration system. Is is simply a mechanism that allows you to protect content on your site based on rules that you set.

2. Integration of login/registration with affiliates, so that affiliates can sign in without becoming members and sales in Membership can be tracked.

Could you please elaborate? What you're asking for is for registered users to be able to use the affiliates plugin to "sell" memberships on your site, without themselves being members, am I right?

3. Full masking of the URL. It's not that weird, you know. Most membership systems DO have it!!

I have marked this as a feature request.

4. Easy way to set up cookie duration in the administration options.

What cookie are you talking about exactly? Could you please elaborate?

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.