Planning a Migration to Membership 2 Pro

We're running a paywalled multisite service with over 5,000 members using Membership Pro. We're looking to migrate to Membership 2 Pro. My question is what kind of support do you offer for migration? We're very concerned about compatibility, particularly since we've made a lot of custom tweaks to get Membership Pro working for us.

• Ash

Hello @Liberty.Me

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

First of all, you must take a backup before proceeding. The migration is automatic wizard once you complete the upgrade. And if you still face any issues, we will help you.

Please note that, if you are using shortcode from old membership, those shortcodes won't be converted, you will need to replace all shortcodes with the new shortcodes manually.

We're very concerned about compatibility, particularly since we've made a lot of custom tweaks to get Membership Pro working for us.

Well, yes, this would be a problem. The plugin is completely re-written, so all the function names are changed. Existing custom tweaks won't work in new membership plugin, you will need to write equivalent code compatible to membership 2.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.