I want to quickly tell you what I want to do, then I will tell you what i have already done. Im not looking for hand hold or any real code, just looking to set my project on on a good foot.
This also ties to one of my other post if you would like to review or have a better understanding of the idea at this point. https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/what-plugins-do-i-need-and-feed-back
- I would like to have a main site that people that acts like a store front.
- People would be able to sign up for there own site
- I want to have a Support area that is just FAQ’s and Guides
- I also what a user Forum for more one on one support.
(I’m not sure if it should be a stand alone bbpress instance or tie in buddypress for this)
- I also want my users to be able to have access to a main buddypress install
(I want my users to have more then just a host wordpress site. I want them to help each other and grow, this is one of the big key elements to my idea.)
- I would like most of what buddypress to be blocked to nonusers. I was looking at your plugin that does a lot of this already. Would like to block everything but maybe the support forum questions and commits for reading but would need to be logged in to leave a commit.
Now the tricky part, I would like any account on the network that has user account access “editor” and up who have paid to work in the buddypress area, support forums.
There is other pieces to the crazy puzzle, but there not needed for this question.
Where we stand at development - leaving out design and content
- staging server set up and running
WordPress Multisite installed w/ sub domains
- supporter installed
- created a site call support.domain (this is the faq site)
- 2 test user sites test.domain & demo.domain
For a starting point I was going to use a couple theme. Was planing on changing out the themes once I have everything in place and working.
For the main site
for the support.domain
(I don’t think the support.domain will need any type of logins or real user interaction)
I Really like how your forum works and edublogs and on this site.
I have been studding the url of a couple of the sites trying to see how you guys are doing it. and from what i can gather it should go something like this:
The main Question is:
Where would you put all the pieces to allow everything to become integrated easier, and allow the smoothest upgrade possible. mainly talking about the forum and buddypress, but any information would be great.