Planning

Ok, so I’m am developing a Membership site and the instructions say to Plan, Plan, Plan!!

Well, I’m neither a developer or a planner, which is why I invested in WPMUDev!!

So I’ve set up a MultiSite Installation (WP3.3) using subdomains. I envision:

• Site at the root to be informational and open to the public.
  • Buddypress (1.5.2) installed as a subdomain and is Free for anyone who signs up.
  • Support for the site, installed on its own subdomain, including WPMUDev videos comes with paid membership.
  • For those who pay the monthly fee, they get the ability to add a site.
  • Two levels of Membership beyond Free: Premium with Domain Mapping as the Anchor value and Ultimate, which includes the Premium level and adds Ultimate FB as the Anchor value add.

So my question is, Membership can handle the access to Buddypress, but should I be using ProSites for access to the Support site?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance in my, ahem, planning!

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya!

Pro Sites provides the ability for site owners to upgrade to better features so wouldn’t be useful in this case.

Everything else you are looking to do should be possible with Membership, yes and it seems you have it fairly well planned out already.

Cheers,

Phil

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Thanks, Phil. I’m glad to hear I was on the right track. I recall reading something about ProSite and Membership being used on the same site for different purposes. That is, Membership for individuals’ access and ProSites for Sites, but I suppose it need to always apply.

I am also planning another site, though, which wouldn’t use Membership, but employ ProSites for upgrades. I have a question about levels on this, but I think I’ll start another thread.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.