Please clarify the development status between Membership and Protected Content

I have a prosite that I want to provide a Membership plugin as a premium plugin so that some sites can have a page or two devoted to their team members.

I'm trying to evaluate the difference between Membership and Protected Content. I believe I saw somewhere in the forum that Protected Content is basically a new and improved replacement for Membership and that Membership is being phased out.

Please clarify the status and plans for these 2 plugins.

Obviously if the phase out of Membership is true, then I won't consider evaluating it. If however, I have misunderstood and they are both similar products that you plan to maintain, can you explain under which application they are respectively best suited for.

• Tyler Postle

Hey antKat,

Hope you're doing well today!

Yes, so Protected Content is a re-coded version of Membership basically and it is the primary focus between the two is Protected Content :slight_smile:

We actually just released the membership to PC importer today too in version 1.1.

With that said, a lot of members still prefer Membership so we don't plan on dropping support for it. Will there be new features for Membership? Probably not. We will continue to maintain and support it for the foreseeable future though.

That is the current plan.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.