Please consider

Please consider adding the tickets on Event+ to have QR or/and Bar Codes on them

Thank you

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Gary Edwards,

I hope you're doing fine today!

While currently there's no qr/barcode support in Events+ plugin, that certainly sounds interesting to me. I'd like to get a bit more feedback on this from you, if you don't mind :slight_smile:

Generating a QR code itself is not that difficult but what information should it carry? I mean: should that be displayed in a single event description and just carry a link to that event or should that point to some "action"? If you could explain a bit more what exactly should such code do, that'd be great!

Looking forward to your reply,
    Adam

• Gary Edwards
    • New Recruit

Hi Adam,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

On this occasion, we simply need to scan the QR code and register the ticket as used. Bit of background! This is a small family run adventure park, open almost all year round, at the moment they use Event Manager but can't identify if a ticket has been actioned therefore it could be used twice on the same day for different people.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hi Gary Edwards

Thanks for getting back to me and for the explanation.

I've marked this thread as a "Feature Request" so if more Members of our Community will support the idea, our developers might consider implementing such QR codes or bar codes in future.

As for now, I'm thinking of a workaround. This plugin can create a QR code for any post/page (including events) "on the fly":

https://wordpress.org/plugins/dynamic-qr-code-generator/

It's free and after installing it on site you can just add this shortcode to all the events (in descriptions) and it would cause a QR code on each even page to be shown:

[dqr_code]

If you got a lot of events, that would take some time to add the shortcode everywhere so alternatively you could use a simple additional code snippet to "automate it" (note please: this code will only work with our Events+ plugin and you still need to get Dynamic QR Code plugin installed and active on site):

<?php 

add_filter( 'the_content', 'my_event_qr_code' );
    function my_event_qr_code( $content ) {

if ( ! in_array( get_post()->post_type, [ 'incsub_event' ] ) ) {
    		return $content;
    	}
    	else {
    		return $content . do_shortcode('[dqr_code]');
    	}

}

To apply this code to the site:

- create an empty file with a .php extension (e.g. "my-events-qr-code.php")
    - copy and paste that code into it, using some "clean text" editor (such as e.g. Notepadd++, Sublime etc)
    - upload the file to the "/wp-content/mu-plugins" folder on your server; if there is no "mu-plugins" folder inside "wp-content" folder, just create an empty one first.

This way the shortcode for a QR code (generated by the plugin) will automatically be added to all events of Events+.

Would that work for you?

Best regards,
    Adam

• gillis
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

HI there Adam - could I ask a further question about this... I like the QR code idea, but surely what's actually needed is a way to add a QR code to the Order Status page? If it's added to the Event page as you suggest, then it's going to be available for anyone whether they've bought a ticket or not?

One alternative idea would be to take the QR code generated, and then make a PDF with it printed on it, and add that as the ticket download link. It would at least be linked to the event, but of course would not have dynamic customer information associated with it (I think The Events Calendar allows you do to this, by the way.)

• Adam Czajczyk
      • Support Gorilla

Hi gillis

Assuming that it's a paid event and the payment is handled internally by Events+ (via PayPal) but not via MarketPress integration, the "order status" page would be just a single event page with the payment confirmation message - that's the page that PayPal returns the attendee after payment is made.

In such case, the QR code (e.g. linking to the event page, as with the code below) can be added there too. You'd use the very same plugin for QR code generation but a bit different code for adding it than the one previously suggested:

<?php 

function print_out_paid_qr( $nothing, $post) {
      	global $current_user;

$event = ($post instanceof Eab_EventModel) ? $post : new Eab_EventModel($post);

if ( $event->is_premium() && $event->user_is_coming() && $event->user_paid() ) {
      		$qr = do_shortcode('[dqr_code post_id="' . $event->get_id() . '"]');
      	}

return $qr;
      }

add_filter('eab-events-after_single_event', 'print_out_paid_qr', 10, 2);

The code above would display QR code only if:

- the even is a paid event
      - user is attending
      - user only made a successful payment

Otherwise there'd be no QR code.

I hope that helps but if you're thinking about yet another scenario, please start a separate ticket of your own (describing the scenario in details) on our Support Forum and we'll check if there are any other ways to show QR code that would suit your needs better. It would be handy though if you would include a link to this thread in your own ticket, just for reference :slight_smile:

Best regards,
      Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.