Please could you help? 3rd Party Plugin/Theme Conflict & I can't locate the problem

Dear WPMU DEV,
I have found myself in a right pickle, and in an urgent situation for which I am receiving a lot of external frustration.
This website is a promotional site for a sporting event being held next weekend.
Two weeks ago, the site updated to Wordpress 3.9.2 and the theme/plugins/customisations experienced a conflict, and the site menu and the third party theme homepage slider would not show.
I'm not sure what I did, but I somehow got it working again.
However, it did the same thing yesterday, and nothing I tried worked. I tried to get assistance from the theme designers, but to no avail. I disabled, uninstalled, reinstalled, enabled etc all plugins. I changed themes (which stuffed the site up), I upgraded the theme, I tried downgrading wordpress, which stuffed things up as well. I tried reinstalling a backup of my site, but unfortunately, my internet is so slow, it never fully completed the process.
I am so sorry, but I saw your email come through this morning saying that with your dashboard plugin, you could give remote assistance by logging into my dashboard, and suddenly thought that perhaps you may be able to help me get my site working again?
I really hope that you may be able to assist me, and I thank you most profoundly for your time.
Kind regards,
Fleur

• Tyler Postle

Hey Fleur,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question. We're always more than happy to help where we can :slight_smile: even if it isn't related to our plugins.

I checked out your site and I'm noticing a lot of Js errors involving, JetPack, your theme slider(among other theme files), and the floating social media links.

Can you deactivate jetpack and the floating social media links and see if it helps?

The slider looks like it came with the theme right?

Unfortunately I'm not able to login through the support access because it seems to be blocked for one reason or another, could be due to the issue.

As an alternative do you mind sending in your FTP and WP-admin login privately through our contact form? Then I can login and take a closer look :slight_smile:

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Tyler Postle"
    -WordPress admin username
    -WordPress admin password
    -login url
    -FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    -link back to this thread for reference
    -any other relevant urls

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Look forward to hearing back from you Fleur!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Fleur,

Just wanting to follow up on this ticket in-case any others find it while searching so they don't miss out on possible information that was only in the email.

I'm thinking that when you deactivated all the plugins then re-activated them it resolved the issue somehow - could have been caching related perhaps.

Either way, as mentioned in the email, I have seen this issue before and last time it was related to a Membership plugin - if needed we can always swap out your built in slider for another one :slight_smile:

Let us know if the issue returns!

Have a great weekend.

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. Might be a good idea to do a backup while it's working too, that way you can always restore it, if it comes back. We have a plugin that works great for backups :slight_smile: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/snapshot/

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.