Please create multiple locations option for Appointments+

I have a client that owns two beauty salons and she would like to be able to book appointments and take payments online. I was browsing the forums and realized that the Appointments+ plugin, as awesome as it is, does not support multiple locations...

Please correct me if I am wrong or if there is a way to do this with multiple services and multiple stylists. Otherwise, this is my vote to have this option included in a forthcoming update. I think there are others that would like to see this as well.

I would also like to take this time to thank WPMU DEV for your great products and support! Wordpress and your plugins have really taken my website business to the next level. Keep up the great work!

Best regards,
David

• pxwm

Hi,

Assuming I have understood your requirement correctly and the Service Providers only work out of one location then you could try the following:-

>Create a duplicate of each Service and call them Service - Beauty Salon A and Service - Beauty Salon B etc
    >Then assign the relevant Services to the relevant Service Providers so when a customer selects a Service they will be presented with the Service Providers that work out of the particular beauty Salon.

There are possibly other more complicated solutions if the above doesn't meet your needs.

This may also work if Service Providers alternate days at each salon but not within a single day.

Please let me know if this works for you

Regards
    SteveB

• WebDoc

Steve (@pxwm),

Your suggestion sounds like it could work. I just want to try and minimize the chance of customers booking appointments at the wrong locations. I have not looked into this yet but some of the possibilities could be:

*Separate Google calendars for each location service.
    *Confirmation emails / text messages
    *popup confirmation before submittal. Maybe inline caution dialogue I think it is called...
    *Option to add appointment to customer's calendar with location address

Please expand with any more ideas you might have.

Thanks,
    David

• pxwm

Hi David,

I'm pleased this may be a goer and also thanks to Jack for submitting as a new feature as I think it would be well received.

As for other ideas/limit incorrect appointments you may wish to consider the following:-

1. Create a Services/Treatments page for each salon.
    2. On each of the pages you enable the customer to select a service and service provider either with dropdowns or if only a few service providers you may wish to add a service provider button next to each service they offer. We have designed this for our client who has a single salon but initially they want to make all the appointments on behalf of their customers. It does cause additional design work and ongoing support because if a new service is added we have to add it to the page with a new service provider(s) button but it is a lot easier for our client to book services this way as the page includes a description of each service.
    3. On clicking the button this will navigate to the 'make an appointment' page and will pre-populate the selected service and service provider. You could also consider 'hiding' the service and service provider dropdown field so the customer can only select these two options from the services/treatment page.
    4. The customer would then have the option to select a date and time in the calendar for their appointment. However if the service provider selected is unavailable and the service and service provider dropdown field are 'hidden' then you would have to include a visible link back to the correct Services/Treatment page which means you would probably have to write some code in functions.php to ensure the customer was directed back to the correct Services/Treatments page.

Hope this helps

Regards
    SteveB

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.