Please fix this on the theme

<?php wp_head(); ?>
</head>

<?php wp_footer(); ?>
</body>

I have been doing this on a lot of Themes :slight_smile:

• Mark de Scande
    • Syntax Hero

Sure Most of the Themes you have for sale, call to the wp_head and wp_footer is not correct

Use your Plug Test Head Footer and you will see the same err i see

I have also fixed a lot of Themes in the Farm Pack as well trough the plug

I hope this helps

Thank you kindly
    Mark

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

We have a wp_head and wp_footer in there and their locations are fine according to the theme guidelines prescribed by WordPress and BuddyPress. Also using theme checker plugin they are correct.

I am sorry but I have no clue what plugin you are saying you are using I can only assume it would be something along those lines as a 'Plug Test Head Footer' doesn't exist.

If you are using another plugin please make sure it's updated as according to tests we're using it correctly.

And here are guidelines from WordPress.org:

The wp_head action hook is triggered within the <head></head> section of the user's template by the wp_head() function. Although this is theme-dependent, it is one of the most essential theme hooks, so it is fairly widely supported.

The wp_footer action is triggered near the </body> tag of the user's template by the wp_footer() function. Although this is theme-dependent, it is one of the most essential theme hooks, so it is fairly widely supported.

We would also strongly recommend you never change, delete or edit those as it's an essential requirement for WordPress just like the bp_head / footer are for BuddyPress.

• Mark de Scande
    • Syntax Hero

Guys please i was just saying :slight_smile: dont jump up and down i just pass on what i see on my screen here is the name of the plug

If you install PopOver https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/the-pop-over-plugin/ you get 2 Plugs

Popover plugin
    This plugin adds a customisable popover to a site. The content, size, position can be changed and rules determining if the popover should show or not.
    Version 3.0 | By Barry (Incsub) | Visit plugin site

Test Head Footer
    Tests for the existence and functionality of wp_head and wp_footer in the active theme
    Version 1.0 | By Matt Martz | Visit plugin site

Now if you open a website with your Kick ass Theam on it log in to the backend and you will see the notice on the top of the screen . then all you have to do is go to the editor and move the 2 files as follows

<?php wp_head(); ?>
    </head>
    <?php wp_footer(); ?>
    </body>

• Jackalakus
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Forgive me for being lame but how did you...

all i did was move the 2 calls to were they should be

header.php
    <?php wp_head(); ?></head>
    footer.php
    <?php wp_footer(); ?></body>

What is the process? If you could help me out that would be superb! Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.