Please help I cannot update my WPMUDEV pluggins at all!!

I cannot update any of your pluggins or themes through neither wordpress updating system or through the wpmudev dashboard…. it wants me to downoad and update each pluggin and theme, but I should delete its existing folder through cpanel first… thats insane as I have a lot of themes and pluggins installed from your service. Please advice

Thanks

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Firstly please double check your API Key is entered correctly, no extra spaces or chars in there?

Can you update normal plugins and themes?

If not then please check the appropriate permissions are applied to all your plugins, themes and their respective folders.

If they are not writable then you would need to manually update.

Let me know.

Take care.

• Repnam
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi…

Thanks for checking up. No I havent had any luck with this. I checked the API key… its valid and flashing green… rechecked it again anyway throught anti splog pluggin setting (should it be indicated anywhere else?) and on the hosting space, the pluggins directory is writtable… I can also update the other pluggins via the normal wordpress updating system… it does not create tick boxes next to WPMUDEV pluggins and themes (I suppose to enforce updating via the wpmudev dashboard pluggin)…. which is also installed…

Thanks again

• Repnam
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

hmmmm… interesting that it refuses me access with a “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” error to that page even as super admin… I thought perhaps the fact that I hd 2 superadministrator it denied both access and deleted one…. no effect.

• Repnam
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Ah… problem solved…. I demoted the first original super admin to a normal user account some time back, (because that was my “human” account and I didnt want to “play God” around other users so I created a administrator account that didnt have buddypresss friends, and only serve for admin purposes. Well it looks like wpmudev attached itself to the first superadmin username or email address upon its installation… should I have done something diferently in swaping superadmin privilages? Everything updates well through the WPMUDEV dashboard (which now also appears) and is well accept for the members-directory pluggin that requires me to download and install it…. I can do that one thing that way, and auto update the rest. Thanks

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey again.

When the DASH is first installed it locks into that UID. It’s to hide it away from clients and other super admins whom you don’t want to have access.

You can change that though:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wpmu-dev-dashboard/#usage

For one user:

define(‘WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER’, ’1?);

Or enter a comma separated list for multiple users. They are all user IDs:

define(‘WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER’, ’1, 10?);

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.