Please help me improve my PageSpeeds.

The Pagespeed of my website is low on both mobile and desktop. I have activated Hummingbird but it is still not improving the speeds. What changes need to done in Hummingbird settings to improve the scores.

• viobru
    • Recruit

Hi Leo!

Hope you are doing great :slight_smile:

I checked the Performance Test results and I see that the main issues are coming from the server response time and the render blocking resources: Regarding the server response time, I see that the Page Caching is already enabled on the site, so please try installing the Query Monitor plugin to check if there is any plugin on the site that could be slowing down the site by using many server resources.

On the other hand, regarding the render blocking resources, let me inform that this score can be improved via Asset Optimization in Hummingbird. Please keep in mind that the changes applied via Asset Optimization could have the potential to break the front-end of the site, so they should be done carefully. We recommend applying only 1-2 changes at a time and to check after each change that the front-end still loads fine, so you know which changes to revert if something goes wrong.

I see that you have currently enabled the basic mode, so it will be necessary to switch to the advanced mode to have more options available to optimize the assets. This can be done from here: Finally, there are also warnings about serving images in a next-gen format and properly sized. Let me inform that you can achieve both options by installing our Smush plugin, activating the Smush CDN and enabling these 2 features on it (Automatic Resizing and WebP conversion): BEFORE applying any change to the site, I would suggest to FIRST create a COMPLETE and UPDATED BACKUP of the entire site, just in case.

Please give all this a try and let us know if you have any other questions regarding this.

Have a nice day ahead!

Kind regards,
    Violeta

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.