Please mark as private - Add a feature slider button - not possible with std theme

Hi

My client would like a feature button adding to their website, in a place where it will really stand out, however I have no room on the menu bar and are not allowed to remove anything from the main menu.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a button to the first slider image please, which is coming from "Painting" in a blog post. The button needs to link to this page http://goo.gl/j85wmZ.

Not quite sure how this could be done using CSS.

My clients website is http://goo.gl/mAzHiB, please do not mention the client's website in your reply so it doesn't get indexed by google & please mark this question as private.

Many Thanks
Joanne

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Joanne,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

If your theme slider does have built in option to add a button on slider image. Then I think its good to use a third party plugin instead of customizing the slider to add the button. Since its not possible to add a button first slider using just CSS. We have to add some HTML markup in the source code too.

So the best bet here to use a plugin like free Meta Slider or any other paid slider (if you have enoug budget) like Slider Revolution.

Create slider using one of those plugins and replace the existing one via shortcode or template tag.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Joanne
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Sajid

Thank you for your reply.
    Unfortunately changing the slider is not an option.

I have instead added a widget to the home page called featured page widget.
    I have selected featured image in the customisation settings for this widget but unfortunately this doesn't seem to appear in the home page and neither does the styling of the page.

Could you please help pull the image and styling from the case studies page please? There is no featured image option in the page itself, not sure if this is the issue.
    Thanks
    Joanne

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.