Please see screenshot for how to edit this edublogs-like site using pro-site plugin.

Please see screenshot for how to edit this edublogs-like site using pro-site plugin.

Screenshot note: This is the first page a new customer sees when they sign up on my site for an account. There are no options on the left hand side, and there is all this wordpress information in the center. Where do I go in admin to edit these areas so it is automatic for customers?

http://screencast.com/t/J6F04uKH

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya !

This is the first page a new customer sees when they sign up on my site for an account. There are no options on the left hand side, and there is all this wordpress information in the center. Where do I go in admin to edit these areas so it is automatic for customers?

I tested and signed up for a site on your prosperandgain.com and I see the same things.

Now there are quite a few reasons for the general options not showing up.

Have you followed the usage instructions here ?

What is the default role a user is getting when he is signing up for a free site on your network ? Perhaps its just a subscriber role ?

Are you also using any plugin like user role editor ?

Please advise so that I can look into it and suggest you a solution :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    WPMU DEV Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

http://prosperandgain.com/pro-site/

This page clearly states that

"Sorry, but it appears you are not an administrator for any sites."

That means that a user is just signing up as a member and does not have a site. Have you selected the option of "Both sites and user accounts can be registered" ? or do you just have "Only user accounts can be registered"

Please advise

Cheers
    PC
    WPMU DEV Support

• Grace
    • Syntax Hero

I fixed one of my problems by selecting "Both sites and user accounts can be registered". After I signed up for an account, I automatically received the activation email but I never received my "password" to enter into the backend of my user site-- which is the next email comes. I did this yesterday and waited over 24 hours and checked spam. Still haven't received the password.

• Grace
    • Syntax Hero

When I log-in to this account, this is what I see: http://screencast.com/t/RHUAKcrD
    <-- another error. I'm guessing it's because a site hasn't been paid for but how do I set that up? I assumed that it all flowed seamlessly.

I posted this response to: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/edublogs-like-site-using-pro-site-plugin?replies=5#post-264999 but it's more appropriate here with my log-in issue.

Also, the password never came to my email so I went to "lost password"

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Grace, Seems that we are talking simultaneously on two threads.

As they are related to same plugin, would it be fine if we continue over one thread so that its easier to track the progress of this issue ?

Please advise while I am looking for more info on this one.

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Grace,

I tested it and I received the emails fine. Both for activation and with password.

Could you please double check if the issue still persists.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

• Grace
    • Syntax Hero

My tester email never came but I was able to go to the "lost password" link and create a new one. I will be opening up several more test accounts and will let you know if it's still happening. Glad it worked for you on the site!

Yes, I would like to work my way to a lifetime membership and be of assistance to other people on here but I think I need to understand what I'm doing first, lol. I've realized that I need a lot of help with every plugin and theme since I don't have a technology background.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Grace,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.