Please suggest a robust "Careers" plugin or alternative hack

Hey All;

I'm building out a corporate site and they'd like to have a 'careers' section on the site where they post their available positions, and public users can post their application and resume. The project requires applicant management as well. I've used the "Job Manager" plugin (too many conflicts) and the "Resumé Submissions & Job Postings" (not customizable enough).

Any other plugin suggestions, or methods/hacks for doing this custom without plugins would be greatly appreciated.

• 3RING
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks masonjames, this is sweet. I was thinking I'd have to create custom post types with custom fields and taxonomies - but this does it all!

Now, do you know if GravityForms or cforms data can be called and displayed in admin? I need to figure out a way to manage the applicant(s) and data.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @3RING,

Calling either of those plugins within the admin is a difficult hack at best and will cause you problems if you end up using any of the forms on the front-end.

You can associate Gravity Forms with post type fields. Using that, users could input the data on the front-end and have it stored in your regular wp_posts table. Perhaps that could work?

If you need to block access to the form (such as for logged in users only) there are several ways to implement that as well and would probably be simpler than having any of the forms plugin display within the admin.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.