Please tell me the best Email Proceedure for my situation

1) I need to be able to email different membership levels at will

2) I want people to be able to subscribe to multiple email lists with
a) upcoming events
b) recent blog posts
c) custom content that we can offer at any time for instance a special promotions.

3) I would like to have the options to create a running email list of people that have attended events. Or atleast a thank you for attending the event and click here to opt in to our email list and here is a special promotion.

Are these things possible... If there is another combination of how to make these things happen please let me know. I dont understand the differences of all of these email plugins.

Thank you.
Dylan

• aristath

Hello there Dylan, I hope you're well today!

That's a long list of requirements...

1) I need to be able to email different membership levels at will

You can do that with our e-Newsletter plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/e-newsletter/

2) I want people to be able to subscribe to multiple email lists with
    a) upcoming events
    b) recent blog posts
    c) custom content that we can offer at any time for instance a special promotions.

Its something not possible at the moment. Its either none or all decided by admin. I'll mark this as a feature request so that the plugin developer may see it.

3) I would like to have the options to create a running email list of people that have attended events. Or atleast a thank you for attending the event and click here to opt in to our email list and here is a special promotion.

Events plug + Enewsletter integration would come handy here. Email addresses can be picked from the RSVP list.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Development Design

Or is there a simple way that I can create a user group for a free account and have them sign up as if they were doing a email subscription?

I dont want a long sign up process so I would use the Sign Up with FB.

This idea doesnt seem as good as I thought it could be now that I am talking it out.

PLEASE HELP :smiley:

I would think that these issues are something that EVERYONE would run in to on their websites. My next client is going to have the same issue. He will likely have free client accounts though.

Dylan

• Maniu

Hey @Dylan Elmgreen

So, you are able to choose default message to be sent to user after subscribing so this should help you welcome them:slight_smile: It is possible for public visitors to subscribe and registered users are subscribed automatically when they registers(you may disable this)

For both of them it is possible to choose the groups they want to sign up to and then you can mail to those groups. There are also non-public group that are not visible for site visitors but are for registered users... you may also change it so those groups are hidden for everybody and just admin can add members to those groups

Thanks,
    Maniu

• Development Design

Thank you. One of the issues that I am having with Email Newsletter is that I understand that it lacks a feature of RSS to Email. It would way more sense to me to combine "Subscribe by Email" and E-Newsletter in to one plugin.

If you or someone could add some clarity as to what would be the best way for me to help resolve my situation I would appreciate it. If these features are not available Thank you