Pledge not recorded after paypal payment

I'm new in paypal and I'm not sure how to configure it but I created some test account (seller + buyers).
All seems good. I can make my payment and all infos are correctly sent to paypal. Email address, API username/password and signature are correctly added to the plugin's settings page.

When completed Paypal send me back to the website with an error message : "Oh No, we can't find your Pledge. Sometimes it take a few moments for your Pledge to be logged. You can try refreshing this page "

I go back to my project and there is no pledge recorded. How can I fix this issue ?

Thanks !

• aecnu

Greetings nicolas,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the Fundraising plugin concerning the PayPal return and you sites acknowledgement of the payment.

There are a few things here to cover and we will start with PayPal IPN and PayPal IPN history.

Do you have your PayPal IPN set to:
    http://yourdomain.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=wdf-ipn-return-paypal

Does your PayPal IPN History indicate that the IPN was sent to the URL mentioned above?

Are you using the plugin called "Bad Behavior"?

Is your web host Blue Host by any chance?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings nicolas,

Thank you for your additional input, it is appreciated.

I'm using the sandbox and I don't know where I can change the IPN.

This is your first mistake i.e. using the sandbox and what you will probably experience in which I hope you do not, is that when you finally get it working in PayPal sandbox, you will not be able to get it to work when you go live.

So I recommend that everyone goes live from the beginning working on getting it right and go on with their lives and project.

Even our lead developer of WPMU Dev claims the sandbox is erratic at best.

In the profil page I can only change my name and my password.

Log into PayPal and go to Profile --> My Selling Tools --> Instant payment notifications --> Update --> enter the PayPal IPN URL shown in your site admin dashboard located in Fundraising --> Settings --> Simple Payment Options section.

Turn on IPN messages.

That should get you going.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings truth_is_treason__net,

I have no idea exactly what they are doing or why, but member after member having trouble with IPN's for the most part have one thing in common - Blue Host.

My personal issue, not relevant to this issue but relevant to Blue Host is there throttling of bandwidth which I personally find despicable.

The IPN issue is very concerning which obviously affects a good part of their clients, but the throttling affects everybody and makes the unlimited bandwidth claim an out right lie.

I sent you a link in another thread about this situation as well.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.