Pluggin very buggy

Tested in Chrome and Safari - latest version
WordPress - 3.3.1
BuddyPress - 1.5.5
Ultimate Facebook - 2.0.1

Here's the functionality I'm wanting to get out of the Ultimate Facebook plugin:

-I want users to be able to register with Facebook. The "Allow users to register with Facebook" option is checked.
-I want to force users to be able to register with Facebook. The "Force users to register with Facebook" option is checked.
-After logging in with Facebook, the user should simply land on huckjamm.com/email-registration. For "Redirect login", Site URL is selected in the drop down and huckjamm.com/email-registration is entered in the field below the drop down.

Problem 1:
My domain is huckjamm.com. You'll notice that when you click on the "login with Facebook" button at the bottom of the page you'll be able to login but the Facebook status bar signifying the login is taking place simply flashes continuously. If you refresh the page, you'll then be logged in. Why does the status bar flash continuously? Shouldn't the user be directed to the page I specified above…huckjamm.com/email-registration?

Problem 2:
If you choose to log out of Facebook, you are directed to the WordPress login page, http://huckjamm.com/wp-login.php?loggedout=true. How can I direct users to the homepage after logging out?

Problem 3:
This is not related to signing in but rather to the comments settings. The "Override WordPress discussion settings" option is no where to be found.

Note - I am receiving the "successfully connected to Huckjamm" check under the Facebook API section.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Jeff

Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

Problem 1:
    My domain is huckjamm.com. You'll notice that when you click on the "login with Facebook" button at the bottom of the page you'll be able to login but the Facebook status bar signifying the login is taking place simply flashes continuously. If you refresh the page, you'll then be logged in. Why does the status bar flash continuously? Shouldn't the user be directed to the page I specified above…huckjamm.com/email-registration?

I was just testing this on one of my installs and got the same issue. That turned out to be a colourbox plugin.

Please can you disable all your plugins and try again to see if the issue is still there. If it goes away then enable each plugin one at a time until the issue happens again. This will tell us which one conflicts.

If its not a plugin then please try with your default Twenty Eleven theme to ensure it is not a theme issue.

Are you using some kind of privacy plugin to block access? Specifically something which blocks access to admin-ajax.php

Problem 2:
    If you choose to log out of Facebook, you are directed to the WordPress login page, http://huckjamm.com/wp-login.php?loggedout=true. How can I direct users to the homepage after logging out?

We have a log out redirect plugin.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/logout-redirect

Problem 3:
    This is not related to signing in but rather to the comments settings. The "Override WordPress discussion settings" option is no where to be found.

Can you not see the comments accordion? Is this Network Activated, or on a single site?

Take care.

aecnu

Greetings kauffey19,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Jeff

Hi guys,

There's one issue at the moment.

I've started from scratch. I'm using the basic WordPress theme. I don't have any plugins installed except for the Ultimate Facebook plugin.

Here's the bug:
    Once someone logins to my site everything seems to work just fine. But upon logging out, the user is taken to the WordPress default login page. In the installation instructions manual it says, "the default WordPress registration page will be replaced by a Facebook registration page." if the "Force users to register with Facebook" is checked within the plugin's settings. In the screenshot attached it show's I have this button checked. Seems like the plugin isn't working properly.

Any ideas?

-Jeff

Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

Once someone logins to my site everything seems to work just fine. But upon logging out, the user is taken to the WordPress default login page.

That is default WordPress behaviour if you sign out using with the admin bar.

In the installation instructions manual it says, "the default WordPress registration page will be replaced by a Facebook registration page." if the "Force users to register with Facebook" is checked within the plugin's settings. In the screenshot attached it show's I have this button checked. Seems like the plugin isn't working properly.

The login page is not the same as the registration page, so I'm confused about a bug?

Could you please elaborate further?

If you want to redirect on log out then you can use our plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/logout-redirect

Thanks.
    Tim.

Jeff

I figured out that the Buddypress plugin makes "Override WordPress discussion settings" disappear from the settings within the Ultimate Facebook plugin.

After uninstalling all my plugins and going back to the default theme, I set up the Ultimate Facebook plugin and got it working properly. Then I added my theme and everything was still OK. But after installing and activating the Buddpress plugin, the "Override WordPress discussion settings" disappeared.

Is there a reason for this or are the two plugins not compatible?

Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

I checked with Ve on this to be sure. I believe when both plugins are installed the option to override comments is removed to avoid a conflict with BuddyPress Comments.

You can use a custom hook which is in that section. This will allow you to add the facebook comments wherever you wish. This should get around the issue for you.

If everything else fails, you can enter this code in your theme where you want your comments to appear: <?php do_action("my_action_name");?>, then enter "my_action_name" (without quotes) in this box.

Take care.

aecnu

Greetings Jeff ,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe