plugin appointment – need setup and detailed doc

Hi

I have searched and cannot find any reall details on this plugin – for example how to set the calendar days ON and OFF, how to open a block of days or remove a block of days. Why are these resources, and services etc – should that just be a person they are scheduling a call with? there are tons of ways to display the outcomes, but I need how to setup

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Dave

I hope you're well today and thank you for your questions!

I have searched and cannot find any reall details on this plugin

You will find the main docs for Appointments+ here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/

and here's an additional "guide style" article on it:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/build-an-amazing-appointments-website/

There's also additional "FAQ" doc right in the plugin. If you have plugin installed, you'll find it on "Appointments -> FAQ" page in your site's back-end.

for example how to set the calendar days ON and OFF, how to open a block of days or remove a block of days.

On "Appointments -> Settings" page you'll find two tabs: "Working Hours" and "Exceptions". The first one is where you set on what days booking is available during what hours. First you need to select a service provider from the list and then you can set working hours for that service provider for each day of the week (plus breaks on each of the days). You can also "switch off" selected day by setting "Work?" option to "no", like in this example:

The screenshot shows that service provider "adam" is working Mon-Fri 8am-5pm, with no breaks during the day. This can be set separately for each service provider.

This configuration will be carried over "week to week", pretty much indefinitely, it can't be set in a different way for different weeks.

Then in the "Exceptions" section you can add additional specific dates for selected service provider that are "off work", without breaking that "Working hours" configuration (so e.g. whenever somebody goes on vacation you would want to use that "Exceptions" section).

Why are these resources, and services etc – should that just be a person they are scheduling a call with?

That mostly depends on the kind of services you're offering to your customers. Let's say, just for example, that you're selling insurance products over the phone. You're offering insurance for the house, for the car and the health insurance. You got 10 employees and each of them is qualified to talk about all these products. All of these employees are working Mon-Fri 9-5, no weekends, lunch break at 12. You know that standard call is 15 minutes max (there's no "time-flexible" booking possible). The way you'd set that up would be like this:

1. On Appointments -> Services page create free services: "House Insurance", "Car Insurance", "Health Insurance". Duration for each should be set to 15 minutes.

2. On Appointments -> Service providers page create 10 service providers (these are your employees) and assign each service to each of them.

3. On Appointments -> Working Hours go through each service provider and set the working hours for each of the to Mon-Fri 9-5 and then "Break hours" to Mon-Fri 12-1pm.

And that's pretty much it. On a "make an appointment" page the customer will be able to select either the product they're interested in (that's the service) or the specific employee they want to talk to (that'd be a service provider) and they'll see a calendar showing available "spots" which they can book.

there are tons of ways to display the outcomes, but I need how to setup

There are multiple options, yes. It would be best if you could just describe what you wish to achieve – how should it work for you etc – and I'll be happy to give you more detailed answer on how to set the plugin up for that particular scenario.

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.