Plugin breaks adsense

Installed on my site with latest version to insert adsense banner code. Pages have 2 other adsense units which should equal the maximum 3 limit.

When I use in-post ads the banner fails to display as adsense thinks there are 4 units on the page. This seems to be something to do with the fact that the ad is generated in a div and then moved into position using javascript. I have had to remove an adsense unit which is not a great solution - any suggestions?

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hiya and welcome to WPMU DEV!

Can you send us a link to where you are seeing this so we can check it please?

Moving the ads with Javascript won't have that affect - there's still only that instance of the ad code, it doesn't generate another instance which is what Google would pick up on.

Phil

• danwiner
    • New Recruit

Just to clarify the problem - the adsense request returns a 400 error with a request including the placement id of the in-post banner twice.This is also the live site so I would like to disable the plugin as soon as you guys have enough to debug in order to maintain the user experience - if you could let me know when that is OK it would be much appreciated.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support? I noticed you now have one ad displaying correctly via that link.

If all is good, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!
    Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks!

p.s. I've also tagged Vlad here in case you do reopen this, as they'll definitely be able to help you!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.