Plugin Combo for Upfront and Membership Fees

My project requires the collection of an upfront fee plus a monthly fee. I'm also thinking about offering discounts and coupon codes in the future. It appears that membership 2 pro and marketpress commerce can handle each requirement separately. Can this feature requirement be managed on either/or?

BTW I love your platform. I'm new to the game and I can't imagine doing this without these plugins and your awesome support.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Randy,

I hope you're well today and welcome to the WPMU DEV community!

If I follow you correctly, this all could be achieved with Membership 2 Pro solely :slight_smile: The plugin supports multiple memberships and discount coupons and even "private" memberships. All the paid memberships are charged upfront.

Here's an example.

Let's say that you aim for a following scenario:
    1. user can sign up for a membership that and that costs $100 one-time fee plus $50/monthly
    2. you'd like to distribute discount coupons among them
    3. additionally you'd like some "long time members" to be charged discounted price #25

This would be a solution:

1. Create a "standard" membership set to "One payment for finite access" (1 month) paid "one time fee" of $150; set this membership as "public"
    2. Create a "standard" membership set to "Recurring payment" with "Payment Frequency" set to "1 month" and price of $50; this membership should be set to "private"
    3. On "Payment options" settings page for that first membership (see step 1) set value of "After this membership end" to "Change to membership 2" (where "membership 2" is the name of that second membership (see point 2).

At this point the workflow will be like this: users visit your page and are given an option to signup for the only one membership which is the 1st one ($150 - price includes $100 upfront fee and upfront charged $50 for month of membership). When this membership expires they are automatically assigned the $50 recurring membership and if they confirm that (so the subscription would be created at payment gateway) they'll be charged $50 monthly.

Additionally:

4. "On Membership 2 -> Add-ons" page enable "Coupons" add on and then on "Membership 2 -> Coupons" page create some discount coupons and distribute them among those who you'd like to be given an option to signup at discounted price

5. Create third membership that would be an exact copy of the second one but with a price set to "$25"; set it as private as well; If you decide to reward some "long time members" for their loyalty you - as a site admin - can move them to this discounted membership.

If you have any more questions, please ask and I'll be happy to help.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.