plugin confilcts with website format, homepage not visible and menu structure is mesed up

How do I use the plugin without affecting the format of my site?

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Mark, hope you're doing well today, and welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

Where are you seeing that the layout of the site is being affected? If you could indicate the affected areas in screenshots, we'd be more than glad to look into this for you, and see about remedying this with some CSS code. :slight_smile:

Please advise,
    Michael

• Mark
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Michael
    I'd like to change the menu format so the log in and dashboard is on the same line as the main menu. Otherwise it is expanding the top header area and pushing everything down. The main problem however is once I'm on the courses tab, I cannot go anywhere else. The other menu items don't work. Is it designed this way to keep someone in the course area? I'd rather have all the main navigation stuff not available when in the courses. Also, how do i change the format of the course page so the side area & footer widgets don't show?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Mark

I hope you are well today.

I'd like to change the menu format so the log in and dashboard is on the same line as the main menu.

Please try the following css:

.menu-item-cp-logout, .menu-item-cp-courses {
    float: left;
    }

You can add this to a theme's stylesheet, in a child theme, or using a plugin like My Custom CSS

When I am in Course menu, I can see other menu and I can navigate to the other pages via the menu. Not sure if I understood the issue here, please feel free to suggest.

And there is no content in the course tab yet. Did you create any course and publish the course?

Cheers
    Ash

• Mark
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I wasn't sure. The menus are gone totally. I thought they would be re positioned on the top line. I wasn't sure if it would look differently when a user logged in as opposed to admin. I would think the user would want to see the log in/log out menu.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.